Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster people

Options
  • 25-05-2009 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Just back from the Heineken cup final. Munster lady myself but applauded and shouted on for Leinster.

I dont know many Leinster people, but the people I did meet over there (and my friends found the same) is that alot of them are obnoxious. They dont know how to throw a party and are super tight (constantly complaining about price of things).

Why are they (I know not all like that) like this? We felt almost sub-serviant to some of these people (they were talking down to us). One kid (a 17 year old) pulled out a credit card and said to my friend "I could buy you". Wtf like???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

You happened to come across the people from Leinster that are assholes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Just back from the Heineken cup final. Munster lady myself but applauded and shouted on for Leinster.

I dont know many Leinster people, but the people I did meet over there (and my friends found the same) is that alot of them are obnoxious. They dont know how to throw a party and are super tight (constantly complaining about price of things).

Why are they (I know not all like that) like this? We felt almost sub-serviant to some of these people (they were talking down to us). One kid (a 17 year old) pulled out a credit card and said to my friend "I could buy you". Wtf like???

thats just awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You're just seeing things through the eyes of a sectarian

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Probably just the type of clientele rugby attracts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

In fairness all rugby supporters are obnoxious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Why are they (I know not all like that) like this? We felt almost sub-serviant to some of these people (they were talking down to us). One kid (a 17 year old) pulled out a credit card and said to my friend "I could buy you". Wtf like??

Awe that's sweet of you to congratulate Leinster on their fine European Cup win.

It just show's you're not a bad loser.

A nice Leinster supporter congratulated Munster on winning the Magners league a while back too.

See everyone can get along. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Probably just the type of clientele rugby attracts.

B0lloxs! The people the OP met were arseholes who just happened to be from here and are in no way representative. Speaking as a dub and a life long rugby fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I know what the OP is on about but that's not confined to a Leinster thing, there are plenty of snobs and arseholes in the other provinces too(they usually pretend to be D4 which makes it all the more annoying).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Kiera wrote: »
    In fairness all rugby supporters are obnoxious.

Nice sweeping statment there, what a well rounded individual you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

Where I'm from rugby heads tend be ****, that have really high opinions of themselves for some reason! God knows why??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Nice sweeping statment there, what a well rounded individual you are!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

How much did your friend go for in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

One kid (a 17 year old) pulled out a credit card and said to my friend "I could buy you". Wtf like???

Simply smile back at the young lad and say, "Ah but we only take Laser or cash.... sorry bud."

On a side note: They were complaining about the price of stuff in Edinburgh? Drink is cheap over there compared to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shelllz

So you met a few bag eggs, I'm sure you'll find them in every county, in every province, and just to finish my train of thought...........in every country across the world!

Yer man probably thought he was being hilarious! Bless him!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Leinster's a fairly large area, you do realise that right?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Leinster's a fairly large area, you do realise that right?

lol no leinster is D4...sure everyone knows that duh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

:rolleyes: you base your opinion on a handful of people you met while p1ssed watching a rugby match. Over a million people live in Leinster. Do you think perhaps you are exaggerating just a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

We're sterotyping people by province now, are we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

We're sterotyping people by province now, are we?

A vast improvement over doing it by nationality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I dont know many Leinster people...are super tight (constantly complaining about price of things).

Blame Eddie Hobbs (a Munster man).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Welcome to D4.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

DrumSteve wrote: »
    lol no leinster is D4...sure everyone knows that duh!
    Well the Rugby fans maybe ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I met a cross section of Leinster people. Am only saying what I experienced. Not all, but the majority of these Leinster people were not very nice. Can only go on what I experienced. No sense of humour (the whole "Ive got more money/bigger house/better job than you" attitude). Very fake. Very dull.

Atmosphere was flat after the win. The Leicester Tigers on the other hand were great craic. A real sense of fun-which I did not expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Ah don't mind Fintan, he's a total focking ledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

OP, sounds like you bumped into one of the last of the celtic tiger cubs, what he probably didnt realise is the banks are coming to get his daddy and the credit card he had is his hand is days away from being cancelled :D

Well the Rugby fans maybe ;)

lol true that i couldnt give two ****es about rugby to be honest and im from dublin. too much up its own hole.

even those munster fans with their inverted snobbery are hilarious. "ooooh lets all hate on leinster, every single one of their fans live in castles made of solid gold and they never ever stand watching a game on sunday morning in the pissing,howling rain like us. we're well 'ard"

actually this whole thing is pretty funny.

Yeah, its hilarious.

That is the image/projection ye give to other people. Its all fake of course and, no, rugby balls are not round and yes, "supporters" do go to local games where the likes of BOD started out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gmitStu

I find Munster people arrogant, up their own holes, and they seem to have inferiority complex, namely those from Cork and Kerry. Regardless of weather they are rugby supporters or not.

I'm from the south east. We are all chilled down there.

Yaw.

At least we know how to throw a party and celebrate a win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

Yeah well all Munster people are uncivilised farmers and if it wasn't for Leinster people "ye", would all still be running around naked, long haired and toothless; while breathing through your mouths and eating cabbage for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Advertisement