Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster people

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why were Munster fans at that match anyway? surely after the humilation of the overdue hiding you were given at the hands of Irelands/Europes best rugby team in the semi final you would not want to be there to see the best team in Ireland/Europe lifting the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Bad eggs usually attract bad eggs.....

....It's science

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

Dumbledore wrote: »
    Yeah well all Munster people are uncivilised farmers and if it wasn't for Leinster people "ye", would all still be running around naked, long haired and toothless; while breathing through your mouths and eating cabbage for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

I've had this debate before. Munster supporters are just as posh as Leinster supporters, the difference is they don't sound posh. I would argue that the vast majority of genuine (not fair-weather) rugby playing/supporting in Ireland comes fom the university educated middle classes, regardless of what province they're based in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

Noopti wrote: »
    Bad eggs usually attract bad eggs.....

....It's science

Egg chasin' bastards!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭LaMer

dellas1979 wrote: »
    We felt almost sub-serviant to some of these people

Proper order.

But seriously Ross O'Carroll Kelly and all that crap did bad things to some people, and unfortunately some people enjoy acting like that now. I'm a big Leinster supporter, and went to a private rugby school, etc. etc. and don't act like that. I do know people who do, and I suppose they find it funny because some people like that type of ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Yaw.

At least we know how to throw a party and celebrate a win.

Wow another Munster Vs Leinster thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I was expecting a good read. Shame on you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Dumbledore wrote: »
    Yeah well all Munster people are uncivilised farmers and if it wasn't for Leinster people "ye", would all still be running around naked, long haired and toothless; while breathing through your mouths and eating cabbage for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

It's true, and how would the Munster fans collect their dole money if it wasn't for all the hard working tax payers in Leinster? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭thethedev

Nah, most of the people I know from leinster are sound, not a bit snobbish and great craic altogether.
    Its because you were out drinking met alot of people and most of them were assholes and there was a leinster match going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

At least we know how to throw a party and celebrate a win.

I thought ye'd be running out of practice by now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Leinster deserved to win against Munster. Why would you describe it as humiliating? See, thats the attitude I am talking about and ye wonder why I am posting about arrogant Leinster people? Thats sub-serviant. "We" (Leinster), humiliated "you" (Munster).

I am merely saying what I experienced and observed. And you are condoning the behaviour.

Am wondering why the bad behaviour? Why the attitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Leinster deserved to win against Munster. Why would you describe it as humiliating? See, thats the attitude I am talking about and ye wonder why I am posting about arrogant Leinster people? Thats sub-serviant. "We" (Leinster), humiliated "you" (Munster).

I am merely saying what I experienced and observed. And you are condoning the behaviour.

I think you will find most of the responses are just in reaction to your original sweeping statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

j1smithy wrote: »
    I've had this debate before. Munster supporters are just as posh as Leinster supporters, the difference is they don't sound posh. I would argue that the vast majority of genuine (not fair-weather) rugby playing/supporting in Ireland comes fom the university educated middle classes, regardless of what province they're based in.

I was ripping the píss.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

Just back from the Heineken cup final. Munster lady myself but applauded and shouted on for Leinster.

roysh? does that mean loike ur a Weinster now? *pretentious laugh* ahuhuhuhuh. lets break out the champers roysh.

lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

You didn't happen to have a munster jersey on OP did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Over two million people live in Leinster and yes, we are all like that.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Sounds like the OP has no sense of humour. Leinster fans have being listening to sh!te from munster fans for years, but as soon as Leinster beat you in a big match and give a bit of stick back it's all "terrible attitude" etc.
    But I won't base my entire opinion of Munster fans on one fan, because 99% of them are dead sound and can take (and give) a slagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

and are super tight (constantly complaining about price of things).

There are lots of supertight folks in the other 3 provinces, hun. After spending 450+ per person to get there, I would say a lot of people would be watching the pennies.

But I do agree on the obnoxiousness level. I've probably been to about 60 different Munster games over 7 years and only twice came across Munster supporters who were flat out assholes. I've been to about 15 Leinster games in maybe 3 years and on at least 3 occasions come across really nasty individuals.

Having said that, most are great, but very very shy. They seem to mix a lot less than Munster supporters do. I don't know why that is. I went with a friend on a bus trip to Belfast once and people hardly talked at all to people they didn't know. They were polite and all, but seemed incredibly shy of strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Not suggesting that anyone is an arsehole or anything, and congrats to Leinster and all, but I watched the match in a pub in Dublin and found the atmosphere was crap given the day that was in it. If it was a Munster match being watched in Limerick the place would have been jumping, no matter which pub.

I'm also under the impression that rugby is more of an "every man" sport outside of Dublin. It definitely doesn't have the same elitist image in Cork/Limerick that it does in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Since "we're" taking a slagging here and since we're on the subject what exactly are "Leinster people"? Beyond the obvious geograpic answer is there anything more to that? Is it a feeling one is supposed to have in ones heart? I'm a Dubliner at heart and to a lesser extent an Irish person but I don't feel any particular allegience to "Leinster". I wouldn't identify myself as being from Leinster if I was abroad and probably couldn't even correctly name all the counties that make up "my" province. So why this sudden pride to be from there? Is it simply because we're allow to use the name as an excuse for an entire province to take on a town from England at rugby? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Simply smile back at the young lad and say, "Ah but we only take Laser or cash.... sorry bud."

You're doing it all wrong. Depending on what sort of accent you have and the number of people that you have with you, you can turn this into a learning experience to this kid.

You tell him that you only take cash, and then ask him to show you his cash.

....and then stare him down and again ask to see his cash again. You spend the rest of the day following him around staying just far enough away so that he can see you, making sure that you can make eye contact whenever you want.

You then have different members of your group (at different times)walk past and ask about his cash and if he has it on him or should you 'follow him back to the hotel'.

Trash talking little bitches are alot of fun to deal with once they start running their mouth, especially when they are on the road away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

look everyone outside Munster was sick to the teeth of the arrogant garbage
    associated with your team prior to the semi final,when Leinster flexed its muscle and gave your team a mauling it was like a breath of fresh air for the game of Rugby in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

look everyone outside Munster was sick to the teeth of the arrogant garbage
    associated with your team prior to the semi final,when Leinster flexed its muscle and gave your team a mauling it was like a breath of fresh air for the game of Rugby in Ireland

:rolleyes: you just seem to be reinforcing what the OP said in the first post in this thread. For the record everyone outside Munster doesn't have this attitude, most Galwegians I know were cheering for Munster during the semi. Referring to Munster "humiliation" is just arrogant, given the good wishes a lot of munster supporters afforded Leinster during the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Leinster Munster pfft !

I cant believe the news today
    Oh, I cant close my eyes and make it go away
    How long...
    How long must we sing this song?
    How long? how long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Beth1978

OP, sounds like you'd come across that kinda guy anywhere....granted offering to buy your friend wasn't very nice but boys will be boys and I don't think you can put that down to him being a Leinster rugby fan. I'm from Leinster, I adore rugby and I have nothing but joy and respect for the lads who had a fantastic win at the wk/nd. I don't come from money, nor do I talk about what I can or can't afford 100% of the time. Can't we all just take the win as a happy occasion and look upon it as a positive thing for Ireland and take our minds off the bleedin recession?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭Goose81

Leinster fans experienced a few Munster yobs shouting during a minute of silence,starting fights and spitting on a Leinster fans head because he was Asian during the semi final.

Of course you cant judge people by the actions of a few,stupid unnecessary thread.
    Although I have no proof I also find your story hard to believe tbh.

Getting spat on or having a drunk idiot talk harmless rubbish,I know which one I would choose :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Why can't we all just get back to hating "them across the water"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

You're doing it all wrong. Depending on what sort of accent you have and the number of people that you have with you, you can turn this into a learning experience to this kid.

You tell him that you only take cash, and then ask him to show you his cash.

....and then stare him down and again ask to see his cash again. You spend the rest of the day following him around staying just far enough away so that he can see you, making sure that you can make eye contact whenever you want.

You then have different members of your group (at different times)walk past and ask about his cash and if he has it on him or should you 'follow him back to the hotel'.

Trash talking little bitches are alot of fun to deal with once they start running their mouth, especially when they are on the road away from home.

Or alternatively, just ignore him, watch the match, enjoy it, and go home happy that it wasn't a bad sort of game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

humanji wrote: »
    Why can't we all just get back to hating "them across the water"?

United States of America? :confused: Grand by me.

Advertisement