Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Just back from the Heineken cup final. Munster lady myself but applauded and shouted on for Leinster.

I dont know many Leinster people, but the people I did meet over there (and my friends found the same) is that alot of them are obnoxious. They dont know how to throw a party and are super tight (constantly complaining about price of things).

Why are they (I know not all like that) like this? We felt almost sub-serviant to some of these people (they were talking down to us). One kid (a 17 year old) pulled out a credit card and said to my friend "I could buy you". Wtf like???

Classic case of culchie inferiority complex ….. The 17 year old probably could have bought all of you fruit of the loom wearing bog-trotters!!!

Now the boggers arent even better than us at rugby! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I'm from Leinster and I'm fed up with how its all rugby now and its like we should genuflect when rugby is mentioned because the players respect the referee.
    Its terrible if a player in the GAA does something wrong but it is a great tragedy when Quinlan is suspended and can't go on a lions tour due to his eye gouging incident nd we should all be feeling sorry for him as he is devastated. Well it is this type of hypocrisy I'm sick of.
    I'm fed up of having sport dominated by men who like to stick their heads up other mens arses while holding onto another mans crotch....
    That is all that is needed to be said about rugby.....

Min wrote: »
    I'm from Leinster and I'm fed up with how its all rugby now and its like we should genuflect when rugby is mentioned because the players respect the referee.
    Its terrible if a player in the GAA does something wrong but it is a great tragedy when Quinlan is suspended and can't go on a lions tour due to his eye gouging incident nd we should all be feeling sorry for him as he is devastated. Well it is this type of hypocrisy I'm sick of.
    I'm fed up of having sport dominated by men who like to stick their heads up other mens arses while holding onto another mans crotch....
    That is all that is needed to be said about rugby.....

That’s so GA-A Y, I’M from leinster and am fed up with these country leinster people.

Get real boggers play gay or gaa… the gouchie and what not.
    Dricko and co are from Dublin so please go to your own forum
    www.knuckledragger.com :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is After Hours solely a Dub forum now? I must've missed the change in the Charter that ok'd such shit to be spouted, just because you are a resident of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

That’s so GA-A Y, I’M from leinster and am fed up with these country leinster people.

Well that would mean a huge amount of players wouldnt be playing for Leinster then...........I would really like to see how Leinster would cope without Heaslip, D'arcy, Kearney ect. I hope your joking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    Since "we're" taking a slagging here and since we're on the subject what exactly are "Leinster people"? Beyond the obvious geograpic answer is there anything more to that? Is it a feeling one is supposed to have in ones heart? I'm a Dubliner at heart and to a lesser extent an Irish person but I don't feel any particular allegience to "Leinster". I wouldn't identify myself as being from Leinster if I was abroad and probably couldn't even correctly name all the counties that make up "my" province. So why this sudden pride to be from there? Is it simply because we're allow to use the name as an excuse for an entire province to take on a town from England at rugby? :confused:

Agreed. I'm Irish first and a Dub second but I don't think I've ever said I hailed from Leinster, home or abroad. I don't think provinces have been recognised since the Chieftains, High Kings and Clans roamed this land...and 'till Rugby started to gain popularity a few years ago. Rugby is not the most popular sport in Leinster so you're judging the most populated province based on a few Rugby fans from a few select areas in Dublin??? Come on now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Dumbledore wrote: »
    Yeah well all Munster people are uncivilised farmers and if it wasn't for Leinster people "ye", would all still be running around naked, long haired and toothless; while breathing through your mouths and eating cabbage for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Hey, what do you mean if it wasn't for Leinster? Leinster what? Leinster rugby team? Leinster house? Leinster scripture union? Leinster gay & lesbien society (i googled Dumbledore)?
    We worked our way out of that situation ourselves! How dare you take the credit. And anyway, it's only some of us that are civilised. Still lots down there like that :D

Dublin is the capital because we need a dump for politicians :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭badabinbadaboom

I dont care where your from, I think your all up your own holes

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Rugby is not the most popular sport in Leinster so you're judging the most populated province based on a few Rugby fans from a few select areas in Dublin??? Come on now!

What is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Dublin is the capital because we need a dump for politicians :P

true that...

but at least they have running water and flushing toilets during there stay!:D

What is?
    Soccer at a guess.

Rugby would only be third if even that tbf

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Well that would mean a huge amount of players wouldnt be playing for Leinster then...........I would really like to see how Leinster would cope without Heaslip, D'arcy, Kearney ect. I hope your joking

Its like south Africa, leinster have to have a “quota” of you people on the team SO WE CAN CALL IT A PROVINCE… non sense I know ….

Like HELLO GET REAL leinster could probably do better with just all Dublin players – keatley, casey, andy dunne would all be on the team so don’t think we need Loggers (non Dublin leinster fans, BOGGERS FROM LEINSTER)

DrumSteve wrote: »
    true that...

but at least they have running water and flushing toilets during there stay!:D

Ahhh chlorine polluted water to kill off germs like politicians?

Its like south Africa, leinster have to have a “quota” of you people on the team SO WE CAN CALL IT A PROVINCE… non sense I know ….

Like HELLO GET REAL leinster could probably do better with just all Dublin players – keatley, casey, andy dunne would all be on the team so don’t think we need Loggers (non Dublin leinster fans, BOGGERS FROM LEINSTER)
    The stupidity of your posts is astounding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

dellas1979 wrote: »
    I dont know many Leinster people
    ... pretty much making your generalisation null and void so.

Honestly, why this need to label?

Ahhh chlorine polluted water to kill off germs like politicians?

lol we can only wish...

but lets not get off the most important point in this thread.

rugby is ****e.

Dublin gives Leinster a bad name.

I demand 5 provinces so we in Leinster can dump Dublin or Britain can have all those D4 types back.....

Dublin gives Leinster a bad name.

I demand 5 provinces so we in Leinster can dump Dublin or Britain can have all those D4 types back.....

if you get rid of dublin who's gonna pay for the dole for the rest of ye :D

What is?

Are you implying that Rugby is the most popular sport in Carlow,Dublin, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Louth,Meath,Offaly,Westmeath,Wexford and Wicklow? You're not from South Dublin by any chance are you? No problem with that but that's the kind of comment that gives us Dubs a bad name...thinking we're the be all and end all of Ireland.

If you're not from Dublin, then you should really know better.

And to answer your question...each county in Leinster would have it's own "most popular sport"...hurling in Kilkenny, Laois and Offaly....Gaelic in Westmeath, for example and I'd still think Soccer is the most popular sport in Dublin as a county.

Anyway, this wasn't my point...my point is that you can't judge the province of Leinster by a couple of boring Rugby fans you met in Edinburgh. Simple as.

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    if you get rid of dublin who's gonna pay for the dole for the rest of ye :D
    So its not Dublin that has the highest level of unemployed?

And to answer your question...each county in Leinster would have it's own "most popular sport"...hurling in Kilkenny, Laois and Offaly....Gaelic in Westmeath, for example and I'd still think Soccer is the most popular sport in Dublin as a county.

With the exception of maybe ten villages and towns around Birr there is not much interest in Hurling in Offaly. Football is much more popular.

Quazzie wrote: »
    With the exception of maybe ten villages and towns around Birr there is not much interest in Hurling in Offaly. Football is much more popular.

Yeah, wasn't sure about that one...but my point is that Rugby is definitely NOT the most popular sport in Leinster by a long-shot.

Yeah, wasn't sure about that one...but my point is that Rugby is definitely NOT the most popular sport in Leinster by a long-shot.
    Agreed! ;)

So its not Dublin that has the highest level of unemployed?

As Dublin has the highest population of any county in Ireland, it would follow that it would have the highest rate of unemployment...

Full o' bleedin' cuilches takin' our bleedin' jobs!

As Dublin has the highest population of any county in Ireland, it would follow that it would have the highest rate of unemployment...

How. I said rate (as in percentage) not amount.

Dublin people would be happy to just have the Leinster team to themselves. The problem is, the knuckle dragging souless boggers insist on playing. A Dublin team would be a world beating team. We'd also have less red-heads, cross eyed men, and mullets in our team. Rugby would be sexy again. Like rowing ;)

How. I said rate (as in percentage) not amount.

Ehhhh....I'm confused...explain?

You tell 'em Eve!!!

In fairness they only take the monkey work but very good point...

• Advertisement

Ehhhh....I'm confused...explain?
    If there are 1,000,000 people in Dublin and 200,000 unemployed then thats a unemplyment percentage of 20%, of there 100,000 people in kildare and 15,000 are unemployed then thats an unemplyement rate of 15%.*

*figures are just to show a point and are not true

Advertisement