Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Dublin people would be happy to just have the Leinster team to themselves. The problem is, the knuckle dragging souless boggers insist on playing. A Dublin team would be a world beating team. We'd also have less red-heads, cross eyed men, and mullets in our team. Rugby would be sexy again. Like rowing ;)

Believe it or not, I'd say most of Dublin doesn't give a S**T about Rugby...the band-wagon jumpers will be supporting the football (Soccer) team again if/when they improve. This Rugby fad is just filling in the void 'till then. Nobody in Dublin, bar the wealthy suburbs on the Southside and one or two towns on the North, gave a damn about Rugby a few years ago and still don't. Donnybrook is not the world, people!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Quazzie wrote: »
    How. I said rate (as in percentage) not amount.

They answered that already:
    Eve_Dublin wrote:
    Full o' bleedin' cuilches takin' our bleedin' jobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Quazzie wrote: »
    If there are 1,000,000 people in Dublin and 200,000 unemployed then thats a unemplyment percentage of 20%, of there 100,000 people in kildare and 15,000 are unemployed then thats an unemplyement rate of 15%.*

*figures are just to show a point and are not true

Okay, a proportional percentage based on the population of the county...I've no idea....good question....anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    As Dublin has the highest population of any county in Ireland, it would follow that it would have the highest rate of unemployment...

:D any chance you could post a picture of yourself. I'd love to put a face to the posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

*Hopes Boggers dont get involved in Rowing* :mad:

• Advertisement

*Hopes Boggers dont get involved in Rowing* :mad:

Row Row Row your boat gently down the stream, Merily, merily, merily, merily, We're a load of poofs :)

Row Row Row your boat gently down the stream, Merily, merily, merily, merily, Were a load of poofs :)

If poofs = the beautiful people then, yeah a load of poofs :cool:

If poofs = the beautiful people then, yeah a load of poofs :cool:

great comeback.

Here's me and the guys in '08. Not one bogger amongst us and you can tell :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

dellas1979 wrote: »
    One kid (a 17 year old) pulled out a credit card and said to my friend "I could buy you".

Damm - I just read this whole thread, and I still don't know how much you sold your friend for. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

One kid (a 17 year old) pulled out a credit card and said to my friend "I could buy you". Wtf like???

Hahahahahahaha, what a pr!ck.
    I'd of laughed in his face and told to to come back to me when he hits puberty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Just back from the Heineken cup final. Munster lady myself but applauded and shouted on for Leinster.

I dont know many Leinster people, but the people I did meet over there (and my friends found the same) is that alot of them are obnoxious. They dont know how to throw a party and are super tight (constantly complaining about price of things).

Why are they (I know not all like that) like this? We felt almost sub-serviant to some of these people (they were talking down to us). One kid (a 17 year old) pulled out a credit card and said to my friend "I could buy you". Wtf like???

How do you know he was 17?

I smell a BS story as per usual, i'm from a leinster rugby stronghold and honestly have never seen the sort of stuff people come out with. Me thinks the OP read Ross O'Carrell Kelly on the way over.

I wonder how this thread would go down if one made sweeping generalisations about Limerick or Cork.

OP, here is some Leicester Tigers fans opinions of 'Leinster people', now remember rugby in Leicester is pretty much universally popular in the city.

"Had a great weekend with the away supporters club. Stayed in Perth which was very nice and enjoyed the day of the game. The irish were all superb, great company and up for the craic!

Shame that the only fans I meet who seemed to be a a mission to be misrable were all Tigers. In one pub they had taken half the room over and stood with their backs to everyone and actively ignored the irish trying to talk to them!!"

"Credit to all the Leinster fans we met this weekend, they were brilliant and a credit to rugby. We stayed at the Jewel and Esk college and met a few pleasent Leinster fans there, followed by the many millions in the city centre. The amount of Tigers fans there was really suprising and i was gutted to be honest, however im not complaining at anyone who didnt turn up, im sure everyone had their reasons. I found it very amusing seeing all the Leinster fans running on the pitch and dodging the stewards too, although some tartan ruggers didnt seem amused."

"Have to say the Leinster fans we met over the weekend were top lads. Great banter and not a single problem. Look forward to meeting up with them again soon."

http://www.leicestertigers.com/home.php

Obviousely there were probably drunken behaviour similar to a Munster or Irish football supporter at times, but does that mean we need a thinly veiled attack at lets be honest a very easy target(ie people from Dublin who like rugby)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

In fairness to the OP, they are all like that.

There's this book you should read about a guy called Ross O'Carroll Kelly. He lives on the southside of Dublin and he's so rude and ignorant. Not sure what he's doing with himself now but it's a fascinating read. You should hear him go on. He talks about his life in school and rugby. His attitude is truly terrifying. Can't believe people like him actually exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Just back from the Heineken cup final. Munster lady myself but applauded and shouted on for Leinster.

I dont know many Leinster people, but the people I did meet over there (and my friends found the same) is that alot of them are obnoxious. They dont know how to throw a party and are super tight (constantly complaining about price of things).

Why are they (I know not all like that) like this? We felt almost sub-serviant to some of these people (they were talking down to us). One kid (a 17 year old) pulled out a credit card and said to my friend "I could buy you". Wtf like???

It's best explained by the Rugby 'subsection' theory...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kiera wrote: »
    In fairness all rugby supporters are obnoxious.

Speaking as a Dub I agree 100% with ya. Rugby supporters tend to be a bunch of twats at the best of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

"universally popular in the city" - I laughed a little.

Yeah, I know both sides of this argument, having both played rugby for a few years at local level ofc. Then having quit due to injury I started to notice an aura of snobbery about some of my team mates when we would be out and about. I always wanted to see some other peoples opinions.

But to the OP, I don't think your statement is confined to Leinster.

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    "universally popular in the city" - I laughed a little.

Why did you laugh? It is popular in the whole of Leicester.

Rugby is a 'middle class' sport in Leinste traditionally, ignorant people continue to believe it is just that and that Leinster matches are full of ''D4s'' counting money in their wallets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mollypop

Here's me and the guys in '08. Not one bogger amongst us and you can tell :cool:

That's the saddest thing I've ever seen. I really hope that pic of poofs isn't serious. Tell the truth, you're really a bitter Munster man trying to make all Leinster people look like tossers?! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

Venom wrote: »
    Speaking as a Dub I agree 100% with ya. Rugby supporters tend to be a bunch of twats at the best of times.

Correction Leinster rugby supporters tend to be a bunch of twats. Probably only around 15% of Leinster people actually watched the match on Saturday as rugby is only played by kids in fee-paying schools. There is a big difference between Munster rugby fans and Leinster rugby fans though. Practically all of Munster gets behind the team but I cant really blame you for this attitude since you are in Dublin and the only rugby fans you see are Leinster fans.

Mont wrote: »
    Correction Leinster rugby supporters tend to be a bunch of twats. Probably only around 15% of Leinster people actually watched the match on Saturday as rugby is only played by kids in fee-paying schools. There is a big difference between Munster rugby fans and Leinster rugby fans though. Practically all of Munster gets behind the team but I cant really blame you for this attitude since you are in Dublin and the only rugby fans you see are Leinster fans.

You do realise you are just as if not more ignorant and snobby than the supposed stereotype you are peddling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

You just met a bunch of w@nk bags.
    I know people from Munster that are as bad as that.
    I'm from Leinster, Laois, and I've lived in Munster for 6 years now and I think we're all deadly. Well, except offally. I hate those guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I dont know many Leinster people as a whole, but most of the people I did meet at the game and after on Saturday were arrogant people.

The story is not made up. There were plently of other instances where they were acting the idiot. See its not even acting the idiot, its being arrogant.

Have nothing against their rugby. They played a fine game. And no I didnt wear a Munster jersey. The game was between Leicester and Leinster. To be honest I do not condone the way red jerseys were worn. Heineken cup is a competition and I welcome any winners of such a prestigious competition. It is not a given right that Munster will win. I think it is a great thing for Irish rugby that they won. Throws Irish and European rugby right open.

I just couldnt get over how dull, arrogant and whingy the supporters were. We know he was 17 as we asked how old he was as we were shocked by his attitude.

I dont know many Leinster people as a whole, but most of the people I did meet at the game and after on Saturday were arrogant people.

The story is not made up. There were plently of other instances where they were acting the idiot. See its not even acting the idiot, its being arrogant.

Have nothing against their rugby. They played a fine game. And no I didnt wear a Munster jersey. The game was between Leicester and Leinster. To be honest I do not condone the way red jerseys were worn. Heineken cup is a competition and I welcome any winners of such a prestigious competition. It is not a given right that Munster will win. I think it is a great thing for Irish rugby that they won. Throws Irish and European rugby right open.

I just couldnt get over how dull, arrogant and whingy the supporters were. We know he was 17 as we asked how old he was as we were shocked by his attitude.

Your OP said they were ''tight'' with money yet you also said you saw a ''17 year'' old with a credit card being a stereotype, bit of a contradiction. I always find it funny when one person finds every person they met from Leinster to be arrogant yet from the quotes from Leicester Tigers fans, that doesn't seem to be the case.

They are tight. Crowd of Leinster fellas near us complained non-stop about price of alcohol, price of taxis, price of tickets, price of hotels.

For jaysus sake they had just won the game and they wouldnt stop whinging.
    Like I am only telling ye what I experienced. The young fella was another thing. Then there were other Leinster fellas in a different pub, who, in Scotland, sang the scottish national anthem relacing words of the anthem with their own insulting words towards Leicester and Munster people.

Im sorry, people there threathened to kick their heads in. They wouldnt shut up and just sneered (like the crowd above, like the young fella). They told scottish people to "fock off" and "mind their own business". We couldnt believe it like.

Its like they dont know how to have a laugh. Or how to relax and have fun. Full of their own self-importance I tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Mont wrote: »

I played rugby in school,it wasnt in a fee paying school mind you ;)
    The majority of my mates are munster fans even though they are dublin born and bred, and yet had great craic watching the match on saturday. Just happy that an irish team won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭m3llowship

Here's a conundrum. I am a Munster fan through and through, have been all my life. Leinster are always my number two, I shout for them every single game..... that isnt against Munster of course!

One of my good friends who is a die hard Leinster man, made a bet with me. If Leinster won the Heineken Cup this year I had to buy a Jersey and wear it with pride, and of course should the opposite arise he would honour the bet!

Now I may have some reservations with owning a Leinster shirt but being honest I love that team and will wear the blue with pride!

How many Leinster supporters (bar my friend who escaped this year!) would say they would wear a Munster Jersey with pride. And not just for a bet!

Allez le bleu.........for now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

themont85 wrote: »
    Your OP said they were ''tight'' with money yet you also said you saw a ''17 year'' old with a credit card being a stereotype, bit of a contradiction. I always find it funny when one person finds every person they met from Leinster to be arrogant yet from the quotes from Leicester Tigers fans, that doesn't seem to be the case.

That's because what the OP said didn't really happen, it's just a bad troll

If you dont like what I am posting and think I am a troll, report the thread.

Am only telling ye as someone who was there that from what I saw and experienced some Leinster people are dull and arrogant and dont know how to loosen up.

Was shocked by their behaviour. Thats what I experienced, thats what I know.

BTW from the responses on here, you are only reinforcing this bad opinion of ye. I dont want to have a bad opinion on Leinster folk. Am only saying what I saw. So if any Leinster person reads this who was acting ****ty at the weekend, they know it didnt go unnoticed and they are giving other supporters a bad reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

They were assholes because they were assholes, not because they were from Leinster. Leinster is comprised of several counties - how can you make such a generalisation? It's simply not logical.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

in fairness she is right though. all leinster people are bad, and all munster people are great.
    actually hold on a sec.....

Advertisement