Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dellas1979 wrote: »
    One kid (a 17 year old) pulled out a credit card and said to my friend "I could buy you". Wtf like???

Typical of the current state of the Irish middle-class. Even supercilious class-based gestures are mortally dependant on cheap credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

I was at the game and all I can say is you must have been in different pubs than me still hoarse from the singing and I thought the prices were fine even if the booze is a bit sloppy. There are of course folks who support Leinster who are a**holes but in fairness you get them everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Dudess wrote: »
    They were assholes because they were assholes, not because they were from Leinster. Leinster is comprised of several counties - how can you make such a generalisation? It's simply not logical.

A common sense post in AH?!? I'm not 100% sure, but isn't that one of the signs of the Apocalypse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

:D any chance you could post a picture of yourself. I'd love to put a face to the posts!

Yes, you'd be right in guessing I'm a bit of a hottie from my posts....

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Having been to the rds on several occasions to support leinster, there are some supporters there that you would really like to give a slap to. Total d4 heads if you know what i mean; thankfully this sort of arrogant arse are becoming less of a percentage as more supporters start to come from the areas outside dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

This whole rivalry thing is very West British (Northerners and Southerners), cut it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

This is one of the most retarded threads I've ever read. Entertaining and all but some of you really need to stop embarrassing yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Just to add some balance to this from the same forum.
    Sorry to add a sour note to this, but here goes.

On friday night at our campsite, I got sick of the yoofs coming back, totally shedded (yes we've all done that), shouting abuse to all in earshot, using F and C (Mr sweary man filter precludes proper spelling) more often than punctuation, at half hour intervals from midnight to 6am. Basically being right tossers. The lilting irish brogue doesn't sound so attractive in those circumstances, I can tell you.

Also the aggressive barracking on the way down to the ground got right on my tits! If I wanted that, I would go to a roundyball match, where it would be expected.

By the time we got out of the ground, our party had decided that, rather than face another night of sleepless abuse, we would head off home. Fortunately, we had a sobre driver, so off we went - in bed by 3.

It's the first time I've ever felt like this at a big game and I hope it will be the last - give me munster any day.

Rant over.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26749

Nowto wait for the flame.:D Like has been said, there are idiots everywhere.

themont85 wrote: »
    How do you know he was 17?

I smell a BS story as per usual, i'm from a leinster rugby stronghold and honestly have never seen the sort of stuff people come out with. Me thinks the OP read Ross O'Carrell Kelly on the way over.

I wonder how this thread would go down if one made sweeping generalisations about Limerick or Cork.

OP, here is some Leicester Tigers fans opinions of 'Leinster people', now remember rugby in Leicester is pretty much universally popular in the city.

"Had a great weekend with the away supporters club. Stayed in Perth which was very nice and enjoyed the day of the game. The irish were all superb, great company and up for the craic!

Shame that the only fans I meet who seemed to be a a mission to be misrable were all Tigers. In one pub they had taken half the room over and stood with their backs to everyone and actively ignored the irish trying to talk to them!!"

"Credit to all the Leinster fans we met this weekend, they were brilliant and a credit to rugby. We stayed at the Jewel and Esk college and met a few pleasent Leinster fans there, followed by the many millions in the city centre. The amount of Tigers fans there was really suprising and i was gutted to be honest, however im not complaining at anyone who didnt turn up, im sure everyone had their reasons. I found it very amusing seeing all the Leinster fans running on the pitch and dodging the stewards too, although some tartan ruggers didnt seem amused."

"Have to say the Leinster fans we met over the weekend were top lads. Great banter and not a single problem. Look forward to meeting up with them again soon."

http://www.leicestertigers.com/home.php

Obviousely there were probably drunken behaviour similar to a Munster or Irish football supporter at times, but does that mean we need a thinly veiled attack at lets be honest a very easy target(ie people from Dublin who like rugby)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

bit of a sweeping generalisation there,how would someone from deepest darkest westmeath and someone from donneybrook be in the same bracket...you met an idiot,there everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Quazzie wrote: »
    So its not Dublin that has the highest level of unemployed?

ah yeah that might have something to do with the fact there is more people living here.... percentages and stats can be used to make any point you so argue til your hearts content.i cant be arsed say anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

mollypop wrote: »
    That's the saddest thing I've ever seen. I really hope that pic of poofs isn't serious. Tell the truth, you're really a bitter Munster man trying to make all Leinster people look like tossers?! ;)

No that's me behind the girl. You might note a few things. I am the tallest in the team. I have the biggest bulge and FYO the only guy in the team to nail her :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Is this another anti-Dublin thread.

I went to a Christian Brothers school in Dublin. All the brothers were from rural Ireland. Half of them were sadists and pervs, the other half were good men.

I don't brandish all people from rural Ireland as bad eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

It is alternating between an anti D4 thread & an anti Rugby thread

I went to a Christian Brothers school in Dublin. All the brothers were from rural Ireland. Half of them were sadists and pervs, the other half were good men.

I don't brandish all people from rural Ireland as bad eggs.

Eh - was that a public school? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

How. I said rate (as in percentage) not amount.

Sorry and just to pick you up on this, you said "level". According to stats, Dublin would have the highest level of unemployed but if you're talking about per capita (which you didn't actually say, you just said percentage after I picked you up on it), Donegal and Cavan have the highest percentage of unemployed per capita.

Petty I know but I am petty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

As a proud Leinstrean, I'd have to agree with the OP - in the last few years people in Leinster have become awful twats. Not all, but too many. Unfeeling towards others.

Having a high level of unemployment doesn't mean we're bad people, though. It means a lot of multinationals sited here, and they're gone now. We shall rise again.

There was a game? Why did no one tell me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

luckat wrote: »
    There was a game? Why did no one tell me?

Because you called yourself a "Leinstrean."

Because you called yourself a "Leinstrean."

In Dublin's fair city,
    where the girls are so pretty,
    I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone,
    As she wheeled her wheel-barrow,
    Through streets broad and narrow,
    Crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive, oh!"

"Alive, alive, oh,
    Alive, alive, oh",
    Crying "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive, oh".

She was a fishmonger,

And sure 'twas no wonder,
    For so were her father and mother before,
    And they each wheeled their barrow,
    Through streets broad and narrow,
    Crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive, oh!

ROCK BOYS ARE WE!!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

...What...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

I love this Leinster stuff. Prior to selecting Leinster, other names were considered but Dublin 4 was too small, Dublin was too GAA and way too proletariate so they went big and decided to call themselves Leinster. Mind you, seeing as they are champions of Europe that might... oh, wait a minute.... how many countries have teams in the European Championship? Six in the, erm, six nations European Championship (4 if you count England, Scotland and Wales as one), and how many in the Heineken cup? The so-called Leinster team is more about Dublin 4 (and it's ex-pat wannabees in other areas) than Leinster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Time for AH to be declared a rugby-free zone.

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Why are they (I know not all like that) like this? We felt almost sub-serviant to some of these people (they were talking down to us). One kid (a 17 year old) pulled out a credit card and said to my friend "I could buy you". Wtf like???
    It's funny that they think it's funny

Rugby & Rowing - Real men's sports :cool:

stovelid wrote: »
    Typical of the current state of the Irish middle-class. Even supercilious class-based gestures are mortally dependant on cheap credit.
    Yep, I'd have been more impressed if he had used a laser card

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

RugbyGhey & RowingGheyer - Real men's sports :cool:

FYP:pac:

FYP:pac:

Quazzie didnt expect everyone to understand. Just the upperclass :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

stovelid wrote: »
    Time for AH to be declared a rugby-free zone.

I second that motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sedantez

Well said Dudess. Dellas1979 - you just met a few assholes which you could meet at any match - munster, connacht, ulster, leicster, toulose...

playing on the stereotype - any of us could do it if we wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 beezer84

Exactly, you can't judge Leinster by a few asses. Likewise on the night of the Leinster Munster match I had a couple of little Munster Knacks start a fight on me. Does it make me question Munster fans as a whole? No, I just happened to meet the one or two asses that were about that night. By the sounds of it OP you happened to meet Leinsters thats night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Jesus. How old are all of you?

Advertisement