Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you transfer credit in between O2 sims . if yes how .

• 25-05-2009 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Can you transfer credit in between O2 sims . if yes how .

I have a sim with 48 euro o it but i dot use that number

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Afraid not:( I have 40 something on a sim too that I dont use and want to transfer that to a different number but I can't:( A nice customer care rep might do it for you but I dont think they do it in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

As a general rule we don't do this. If something horrible has gone wrong we may consider it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's not an automated process OP and it's a case of O2 customer care removing credit from one account manually and adding it to another manually.

They've done it for me once before - and it was strange, because it was a number I was porting out and I had told them that. I guess they valued the number I was transferring it to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭topdost

As a general rule we don't do this. If something horrible has gone wrong we may consider it though.

What are the horible things can be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm assuming things like
    • SMS spam so you got a new SIM
    • Unwanted phone calls so you got a new SIM
    • Topped up the wrong number by mistake
    • Some sort of "emergency" that O2 believes you about
    • A gesture of goodwill after O2 screwed something up !
    • .. not sure what else really ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Random wrote: »
    I'm assuming things like

The best one of these I ever got was a guy asking to be credited so he could ring a UK number because his mother and grandmother were both killed on Christmas day in two seperate freak house explosions, if you're gonne try bull**** your way into some free credit you may as well aim high i guess..

Random wrote: »
    I'm assuming things like

Good ones :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

i got them to do it for me two or three weeks ago but i think it was only because they had over charged me for all my calls and then texts though i should've had free texts, that was sorted by Daryll!:) hopefully they'll introduce it soon though as i have credit on numbers that i don't use so it'd be handy to consolidate them all onto the one number like.

Yeah I agree they should introduce a commad to do it
    Ah-Watch wrote: »
    i got them to do it for me two or three weeks ago but i think it was only because they had over charged me for all my calls and then texts though i should've had free texts, that was sorted by Daryll!:) hopefully they'll introduce it soon though as i have credit on numbers that i don't use so it'd be handy to consolidate them all onto the one number like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭askU

IOU Buddy

• Ask for a lend - Just text ASK followed by your Buddy’s mobile number and the amount you need to 50223. So you’d text “Ask 0872233445 8” if you needed €8 to buy one of our great value text bundles!
    • Want to say thanks, or send a little gift to someone who’s running low?
    Just text SEND followed by your friend’s mobile number and the amount to 50223. So texting “Send 0871234567 5” will send your friend €5 credit.
    • You can also manage all your IOU Buddy requests on My Vodafone.

Yeah Thanks

But I was after O2

Advertisement