Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW SCOPE!!!

Options
  • 25-05-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

:rolleyes:i decided to buy the docter 8x56 ill scope i was looking at and im not dissapointed. took er out after dark the night i got it and im extremely happy with it. also found lapua 100gr fmj at 25 euro a box witch was 2euro cheaper than anywhere else i looked.they shoot great groups out of my sako 75 hunter, 3/4 groups at 100 mtrs which im happy with to. so all in all very happy with my set up and just looking forward to september to come!!!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

Nice one Sako75. I had a Sako 75 stainless in 270Win for deer stalking. I could get 0.3" (7.6mm) 3 shot groups at 100m. I'd say you'll get better accuracy if that's what your after. But with 3/4" groups if you ever miss a derr you'll know not to blame the Sako :)
    For me though the gun was far more accurate then I was :) Still annoyed that I sold it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

is a 243 your using ,you will get federal 100gr /80gr soft points cheaper than that. the laupa sound expensive.
    the federal shoot very tight groups in my two rifles

please note its illegal to shoot a deer one hour before sun rise or one hour after sun set,not saying your are of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sako75 hunter

thanks pakas,im sure i could get better groupings with the 75 but i havnt had the chance to do a bit of zeroing in since i shot the 3/4 inch grouping. the minute i zeroed it in with my new scope i was out to pop a fox:). why did you sell your 75 and what did you replace it with???

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sako75 hunter

thanks packas,id say i would get better groupings but i just avnt gotten around to it tet,the second i shot the 3/4 inch groupings i was out the door to pop a fox!!! just wondering why did you sell your 75, and what did you replace it with???

Advertisement