Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski Insurance NZ

Options
  • 25-05-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    Looking for ski insurance for 3 days when we go to NZ, our holiday insurance provider are looking for 100 E each for it???? Any ideas or best place to go?
    Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Is that on top of the regular insurance? If so that does sound a bit steep.

I currently have insurance from 123.ie, their anual multi-trip worldwide gold or silver cover include up to 17 days skiing a year, at least it did on my policy last time anyway. I've currently had to get some more expensive cover from them though for a whole seasons worth of skiing though, but the more standard versions should suit you fine.

Their cover also includes off-piste and heliskiing amongst other things if you need them, many policies do not though so do check exactly what you may be getting up to whilst out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Ya it's beginners stuff for me and the missus, but who knows, this time next year . . . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Ya it's on top of the regular so it's pretty damn steep!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Hey Gary
    There's a no-fault compensation in NZ ( www.acc.co.nz ) that covers injuries sustained in NZ, including tourists. Means treatment of the injuries in NZ is covered. It doesn't cover repatriation/changed travel expenses or non-accident illnesses, but it does mean most of the treatment of common injuries like broken wrist/knee injuries is already covered.

100 euro is fairly extortionate for 3 days ski cover, I'd look around for something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ACC is awesome. i hurt my shoulder surfing/rockclimbing and had about 7 physio sessions with a bloody good physio for free.

i'd take out travel insurance in case you're sick, or something with flights etc goes wrong, but i wouldnt be too worried after that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement