Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So where's the "Boycott Jacobs" thread ?

Options
  • 25-05-2009 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

I was expecting one judging from the hysteria around here because of Tesco giving less shelf space to Irish produced products. Now that Jacobs no longer produce biscuits in Ireland why aren't there similar calls against Jacobs ?

It just adds more credence to the fact that the reason there was so much bile against Tesco was purely because they're are gigantic British retailer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I'm confused, what is this thread about? I know its one of the following.
    1. We should boycott Jacobs Biscuits
    2. Tesco are an awesome gigantic British retailer
    3. The OP likes starting threads
    4. The OP is annoyed that other people don't like starting threads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I definately will not purchase from them anymore. Any company that sheds employment in this country for profit will not have any of their produce make their way to my house.

As for your sympathetic tone towards Tesco - they deserve much criticism, their stores are mostly untidy and they flute around with prices continually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

My tone is not sympathetic towards anyone, it's simply fact that when it was claimed incorrectly that Tesco were no longer stocking Irish goods there were threads started all over the place on a daily basis calling for boycotts etc.

But when a long time Irish employer and manufacturer closes its Tallaght factory and moves manufacturing out of the county there's not even a whisper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

will never buy Jacobs again as long as they dont make fig rolls:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Danno wrote: »
    I definately will not purchase from them anymore. Any company that sheds employment in this country for profit will not have any of their produce make their way to my house.
    Businesses across the globe all do it, the nature of business is to make a profit and find the lowest running costs. I find it hard to believe you would stop buying things because of it.
    Take Dell for example, if you were looking to buy a new PC, every shop you have been too are selling the same spec of PC you want for €1000, Dell sell the same for €700, which do you buy ? I know which I go for, the cheapest.
    Danno wrote: »
    As for your sympathetic tone towards Tesco - they deserve much criticism, their stores are mostly untidy and they flute around with prices continually.
    The same can be said about my local Dunnes at times and many other stores for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm not sure that this is a Consumer Issue - but I'm unsure where to put it. Thread closed until I decide where it goes (feel free to PM if you have a suggestion).

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement