Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Forum on boards.ie

Options
  • 25-05-2009 1:30pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just thought it worth pointing out that Magnet now have their own forum on boards.ie in the commercial interaction section here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1207

I think it is great to see an ISP coming onto boards and directly interacting with their customers in this way.

I think at first it is a little scary for companies to do this, as it lets them open to public attack, but on th whole I believe it results in far better communication and transparency between the customers and the company and leads to a more successful company and a better service for the customers and potential customers. So I say, well done Magnet.

Hopefully other ISPs will follow Magnets lead, UPC perhaps?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

Doubt UPC would.
    The negatives would outweigh the positives for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Just spotted this today, nice to see another company coming on board with a support forum, and our first ISP to do so.

_Sidhe_, do you not think that if UPC were to do the same, it would go a long way towards disseminating the negative opinions that people have of them?

A forum is a simple way of providing support, as customers don't have to wait around for ages on hold, and you have a written record of everything. It's also open 24/7, and can often quickly solve simple issues without taking up the valuable time of the support people who could be working on more critical issues.

All ISPs should have a support forum, either of their own, or on a site such as this.

Advertisement