Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No sound every now and again...

• 25-05-2009 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Every now and again, maybe every 1 in 10 times I turn it on, my Xbox has no sound. It works then if I just shut it down and restart.

Any idea what's causing this??

Xbox is fairly new. Connected to Samsung 2492HS with HDMI.

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

ring microsoft and ask them i'm sure its only something minor, it might even be the cable falling out at the back of the tv on one side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

If it's over HDMI and it's doing this sounds more like a software problem. Digital signal is either on or off, if it's off every tenth time or so there's a comms prob between the xbox talking to the set. Not a major issue, but fairly annoying I'd imagine. Trying xbox support sounds liek a plan!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

it's a hdmi handshaking issue,specifically reading the edid in the tv which tells the xbox what audio formats the tv can support. if the hdmi transmitter in your xbox and receiver in the tv don't communicate correctly at the start. it's usually down to the order you turn them on in..find which way works and keep doing that for a while and see if yous till have the problem(i.e. tv first then xbox)

Advertisement