Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House-Warming Gift?

Options
  • 25-05-2009 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

A couple I know recently moved in together... going to see their new place soon.

What sort of gift would you recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

A couple I know recently moved in together... going to see their new place soon.

What sort of gift would you recommend?

Depends on how well you know them, can't really go wrong with a good bottle of wine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Well the girl is a non-drinker, and I don't think the lad is much of a wine buff... I was thinking along the lines of a house plant? They're actually my other half's friend & her boyfriend, and I've gotten to know them that way.

Although I was hoping for some weird & wacky ideas, which is why I initially posted in After Hours; but I see the thread was moved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Well the girl is a non-drinker, and I don't think the lad is much of a wine buff... I was thinking along the lines of a house plant? They're actually my other half's friend & her boyfriend, and I've gotten to know them that way.

Although I was hoping for some weird & wacky ideas, which is why I initially posted in After Hours; but I see the thread was moved!

All the more for you then!;) A plant is fairly safe, as for weird or wacky you could get them a crying boy painting or something equally tacky, other than that I don't know, a hello kitty toaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

This might be a bit late but what about a nice clock or salt and peeper shakers from Newbridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Best leave it up to the other half then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement