Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bbc radio 5 live

• 25-05-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

apologies if this question was asked before. can anyone tell me how to access radio 5 live online? the links that i have found do not allow full access to the station. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Full access? If you are refering to the footie - thats subject to territoral based rights. So non UK ip addys are blocked, some other sports also have this - golf, F1 otherwise its free to access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 JTfan

I wonder is this why my internet radio cannot deliver BBC radio 2 or 4 or probably any of them....it buffers up but just when you'd expect the sound to begin it drops off.Odd.
    I can't understand it as I can listen to radio 4 on my laptop through the Reciva website.

anyone got any thoughts on the internet radio prob?

Whats your radio? Sometimes a station stream can be displyed as buffering for an age before it "clicks". I have found that switching off and on can cure this. I have a Logik with Reciva software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

JTfan wrote: »
    I wonder is this why my internet radio cannot deliver BBC radio 2 or 4 or probably any of them....it buffers up but just when you'd expect the sound to begin it drops off.Odd.
    I can't understand it as I can listen to radio 4 on my laptop through the Reciva website.

anyone got any thoughts on the internet radio prob?

is it just the BBC Stations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

PGL wrote: »
    apologies if this question was asked before. can anyone tell me how to access radio 5 live online? the links that i have found do not allow full access to the station. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Its not answering your question but did you ever consider a satellite receiver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i find no problems with it when i tune in for the Kermode movie reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

PGL wrote: »

cheers

What happens when you use this link? http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/live/surestream.ram

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i find no problems with it when i tune in for the Kermode movie reviews.

Same here. Though as Mike pointed out for golf etc you don't have access. I recently tuned in a few BBC stations into our Sky boxes courtesy of this sticky in the Satellite forum. BBC5 live isn't included, though.

I can get bbc fivelive on my (non contract) sky box. Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Same here. Though as Mike pointed out for golf etc you don't have access. I recently tuned in a few BBC stations into our Sky boxes courtesy of this sticky in the Satellite forum. BBC5 live isn't included, though.

BBC Radio 5 Live is available free on Satellite, use that guide you linked to and just change to...

10803, H, 22.0, 5/6

Sports Extra is there too, and I'm currently listening to Blowers. My dear old thing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yep, got it sorted thanks to a thread over on Digital Spy. Details are as DMC mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Greenman wrote: »
    Its not answering your question but did you ever consider a satellite receiver?

I can get it on the telly via UPC Digital. I was just wondering whether I could get it on the computer. AM reception on my radio is dreadful. Maybe a digital radio is the answer.

I am really surprised there is no way to get it online......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Digitial Radio, by which you may mean DAB radio won't give you 5 Live in Dublin.

I can listen to 5 Live using the link Greenman gave. Most sport content, as Mike said is blocked. If this link doesn't work for you now, (Simon Mayo's show is on) then an Internet Radio would be useless too, and I'd check your computers settings or contact your ISP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

you can definitely get it online, just not the sports parts. Make sure you're choosing the International edition, I think the UK edition blocks all non-UK IPs, the International replaces sports coverage with the "I'm sorry, but this content is unavailable" message loop.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That sticky now updated. Mistakenly omitted. Thanks DMC for the heads up.

It's a Tevion and to answer the others chaps question, it is just the BBC's that don't work.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

JTfan wrote: »
    It's a Tevion and to answer the others chaps question, it is just the BBC's that don't work.
    Does it support Real Audio?

It does support realaudio.

Advertisement