Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fightstar - Be Human

• 25-05-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

just got this a couple of days ago and have been loving it so far.
    Very different to most albums I've listened to before.
    i mean i never had an album with so many different types of songs on it.

This is a good thing btw.

Anyway was just wondering if any1 else had any opinions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Heard the album, as my godkid loves them due to the lead singer being from Busted.

Not a fan to be honest as they always sound like a lighter version of Lost Prophets to me (which is saying something considering their last album) and the ex Busted guy's voice grates on me, especially after their cover of Maiden's Fear Of The Dark, but I can see how they would be popular as they can play well and carry a catchy tune.

Liked the cover art though as it has a Screaming Trees vibe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

I'm really into this album. I have to admit a soft spot for Charlie Simpson. I always thought he was gas arriving to Busted promos in Tool shirts.

It is such a well written album, the orchestration is unreal, the choirs are mind blowingly good. When they're heavy, they do heavy well well.

All round good band, they'll never get rid of the Busted stigma but they know it and plough on anyway. Good live band too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IronLifter

Be Human rocks!

Eagerly and nervously awaited this album! Deffo a great step to go with the orchestra. The songs are very different on this album but good none the less. I think from album to album the band creates something very different each time.

I don't think they sound like lostprophets one bit tho... And the maiden cover is sweet!

I know I could have got this album for free but i went out and bought it anyway to show my support which is important because I think they are a very underrated band :mad:

Check out their other albums if you haven't already.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

i have to say i liked palahnuiks laughter by them. ill give this a listen now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I do like Busted Fightstar.

I'll probably pick up this album tomorrow. Heard one song off it so far. "The English Way" I think it's called. Didn't really do much for me to be honest but I've got their other albums so why the hell not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

charlie simpson has one amazing voice

He really does.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spudwiser

aye to be sure he also has some set of lungs on him!!!

what genre would you class this album as???

i know tis not metal because there are only 2/3 "loud" songs on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

their music got.. heavier =D

Ah whatever about the genre, they're a rock band in a sense. They just incorporate elements of other bits and pieces. Surprisingly enough Tool are one of their biggest influences but you'd never hear it.

I can't get over how good the orchestration is on this album, so dynamic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement