Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spray varnish internal doors

Options
  • 25-05-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi
    i would really like to buy some unfinished doors but dread the cost and the effort of sanding and varnishing them. I have heard you can get someone in to spray varnish the doorframe and doors. My query is is this good and does anyone know someone good to do it. i am in Kildare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

i had the doors of the wardrobes in my room spray varnished and it was a great finish. i am sorry though i do not live in kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

When you say 'get someone in' do you mean into your house to spray the installed doors?

You can easily get someone to spray the loose doors.. but doing it in the house would be more difficult..

They would likely be done using cellulose lacquers, the finish if done in a sprayroom would be perfect, as in totally smooth.. shouldn't really cost too much either. I don't know anyone in Kildare.. you could try James Kinsella who has a cabinet making workshop in Saggart.. he could spray then in his workshop I'm sure.

Advertisement