Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding returning faulty dvd after five months?

Options
  • 25-05-2009 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

I have a TV show box set bought from a retailer in Dublin, which contains over 100 hour long episodes. Something this big would take me a long time to watch, almost a year. However, after five months I have noticed a lot of the episodes are skipping. I checked the disc on another machine and it skips in the same place so its most definitely the discs. However, it has been five months since this was bought. What are my chances of getting a replacement, what would be my rights does anybody know. This isn't like buying a single movie which you would expect to watch within 21 days or be too concerned about being stuck with because the price would be a lot lower. This is a very large box set which takes a lot of time to check out and one doesnt expect anything to be faulty so you dont intend to watch every episode immediately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You mention 21 days so I am guessing HMV? I always found them good for returns. You must have the receipt of course, but I returned a cd over a year after buying it. Now my cd was in mint condition and seemed to have a manufacturing flaw, there was a strange mark, not a scratch.

If your box is tatty it might be an issue, or if other discs are scratched, but if your dodgy one looks OK you should return it and at worst they should get a new box, give you a new copy of that disc and return the new box with your disc to the manufacturer.

Otherwise the scammer in me would say buy a new set, swop the dodgy disc and return it for a cash refund, which I think they still do. But that means some other poor sod gets it, but it is same idea as what I already described.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Id imagine itd be ok, I returned stuff for the same reason when I worked in HMV, but a lot of that was fact I'm as finicky as hell about my dvds anyway so my inner OCD/nerd could let someone have faulty discs :) Just explain you havent watched them as its such a long series and it should be ok

Advertisement