Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warning men in pain!

• 25-05-2009 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Following are pictures from a fundraising event for Irish Autism. When a friend told me he would be getting his back waxed there was no way I would miss a photo opportunity like this, at the end of the day I do delight in seeing men in pain, sorry but it is true!

Maybe not photographically perfect but it was great craic and I got tonnes of shot filled with the raw pain that they went through. I especially like number 3 myself where the pal is giving it loads whipping the strip off.

7343170541a10894349181l.jpg

7343170541a10894350682l.jpg

7343170541a10894350930l.jpg

7343170541a10894351343l.jpg

7343170541a10894351712l.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I honestly don't understand why women take so much pleasure in seeing men suffer! It's an inbuilt sadistic trait they all seem to posses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Number 2 is my number 1. Number 1 looks like he is giving birth!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Borderfox wrote: »
    Number 2 is my number 1. Number 1 looks like he is giving birth!!

lol, number one ended up getting his hair into a mohawk after that. He raised 220 from drinkers in the pub for the eyebrows and a further 100 for his hair after that and that wasn't including the money he had raised through previous sponsorship for his legs.

Fair play I say, all in the name of kiddies, pics most likely to be printed in the local newspapers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

The look on yer one's face in pic #5 in the blue jumper! She looks very impressed! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Mr Dave C

Cruel..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

In last one - the expression on the lady beside the girl in the betty boo top is priceless - it looks like hair wasn't the only thing they took off the poor guy. :pac:

I think that lady was actually his mother, not sure though.

... pics most likely to be printed in the local newspapers!

Would you not have made more of an effort, if you knew they were going to a paper!?

City-Exile wrote: »
    Would you not have made more of an effort, if you knew they were going to a paper!?

Excuse me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

7343170541a10894351712l.jpg

The face on the aul' granny there is hilarious.

• Advertisement

Excuse me?

The images are fine from a "fun" perspective, but I don't see much value from a reporting perspective. It's just my opinion, don't go off on one.

The images are fine from a "fun" perspective, but I don't see much value from a reporting perspective. It's just my opinion, don't go off on one.

Don't go off on one? Did I ask for c&c.

Care to explain your self? How would you have done this better????

And before making comments like this maybe you should do a bit of homework! My best friend was having his back waxed for charity and I decided to photograph him, I had a great laugh with old friends and decided to stay a bit and took some snaps along the way. In the name of the fun of the night and the success I decided to send them off to a couple of local newspapers let the community know what these lads had done and the newspapers went for it!

Now I would appreciate if you tell me exactly what you would have done yourself, if not maybe step off your high horse!

I'm not responding to such a reaction.
    Good luck!

Ok, settle please everyone. Play nice. I can't believe an innocent set of photographs has had so much attention thus far between posts of yesterday and today.

Other users may not like the work and it's ok to say that but the OP has now stated that the images weren't intended for critique as could be assumed from the lack of C&C in the title (provided for in the forum charter).

It's a daily occurrence around here that people post such threads simply wanting to share something. Let's just allow it to be just that.

Thank you.

I'm not responding to such a reaction.
    Good luck!

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

In fariness City you started it, why dont you tell smellyGlove what you would have done different?

They are going in the local paper not an editorial feature in the Sunday Times!

Edit: Didnt see the Mod note, Posts stays?

Just as this thread has gone to page 2 and in case it gets missed can everyone please be aware that there is a moderation note at the end of the first page.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Getting back to reallity, great photos.

And if something needs to be attacked its this quote...
    at the end of the day I do delight in seeing men in pain

:mad:
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

In fariness Peader you started it, why dont you tell smellyGlove what you would have done different?

They are going in the local paper not an editorial feature in the Sunday Times!
    Lol.

I suppose the point is, the images were taken for fun but later decided to send them off to local papers for the craic, as opposed to shooting with intention for an article in the paper (As I assume Peader is thinking of)

Anyway - Not exactly the kind of images I'd like either way, fun or serious... but fair play to the lads for doing it.

Advertisement