Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLIS 2009/10

Options
  • 25-05-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

I know there's a thread about the MLIS (Master of Library and Information Science) here already, but its nearly 2 years old.

So, anybody got recent information or insight on what I'm told is a hard course. I'm starting in Sept 09. Or is anyone else here starting it as well? :D
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ophelia09

hi there,
    I'm in the course right now, working on my thesis over the summer.
    Yes it is a hard course! but they build it up too much I think, its not so much that its very academically challanging so much as the amount of work is very full on. ( in most cases they extend the deadline for the assignments at the last minust so you nearly always get a week longer than you thought you had)

my advice is take it easy, and think carefully before choosing a supervisor for your thesis, seriously can't stress that point enough! pick someone who genuinly shows an interest in your topic! thats all I'll say.

good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Hey I'm in that class too, working on thesis (allegedly!!) at the minute too. I would agree with all of the above, just take it easy as it's not that hard really. It's more of a stamina test than anything. The amount of assignments was a pain but remember that the majority of it is very doable. If I was to do it again I wouldn't leave so much until the last minute but we always say that!! Some people got very wound up because of the lecturers making it more difficult than it actually was but just keep a cool head and don't freak out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tishie yunk

Hi MetalDawg,

A bit late replying to you're post. I hoping to do this course this September too, but hoping to do it part-time as working full time. I'd like to get my hands on an up to date timetable to see how many hours a week I'd need to be on Campus. By the sounds of things its gonna be an intensive course, but sure we'll just have to muddle through. I don't know UCD at all, but with such a big campus I presume there must be a bar, which is always a good way to relieve stress :D.

Cheers.

Advertisement