Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm Not What I appear to be!!

• 25-05-2009 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Another attempt to make a car look like something its not.

How many are there out there?

Make MERCEDES BENZ
    Model S320
    Description S CDI 320
    Fuel Type DIESEL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

see yer man in the hoodie at the door? i bet that beemer is his!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

thegen wrote: »
    Another attempt to make a car look like something its not.

How many are there out there?

Make MERCEDES BENZ
    Model S320
    Description S CDI 320
    Fuel Type DIESEL

What??? Who really gives a monkeys!! What is it supposed to be anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Volvoboy wrote: »
    What??? Who really gives a monkeys!! What is it supposed to be anyway?

Well its not meant to be a Volvo anyway:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I also dont get it. He has a meaty looking exhaust on it. As long as all the pipes do something, thats not an issue.
    Its debadged, but its still an SClass, its not an E badged as an S or got the stupid AMG badge on it (just the badge, no tuning) so again, whats the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Matt Simis wrote: »
    I also dont get it. He has a meaty looking exhaust on it. As long as all the pipes do something, thats not an issue.
    Its debadged, but its still an SClass, its not an E badged as an S or got the stupid AMG badge on it (just the badge, no tuning) so again, whats the problem?

+1
    Exhausts seem to be functional, no badges, no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

+1 i think someone actually jealous :pac:

There is no problem.
    I just find it pointless to get it debagged and fitted with quad pipes. It does not have an amg badge but is obviously trying to look like one. It is just an observation.
    I was just trying to see how many othere there may be like it. Simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

thegen wrote: »
    Well its not meant to be a Volvo anyway:rolleyes:

Well DUUUHHHHHH!!!!! :P

I've a 2.0 Badge on my 1.6 car, did it because it looks cooooooooooooooooooooooool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

DanGerMus wrote: »
    +1
    Exhausts seem to be functional, no badges, no problem.
    Agree with both the above. You say its trying to be something else, but its not badged as anything else so why claim this? So someone put a few extra bits on to make it a bit more individual - certainly wouldn't knock them for it.

Now if they had stuck AMG badges somewhere then you might have a point, but as far as I can see you don't have anything to back up your claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ji wrote: »
    +1 i think someone actually jealous :pac:
    * yawn *

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Anan1 wrote: »
    * yawn *

great being a mod, ain't it!:D
    Having to rule over this......

Lads, maybe I did not put it across properly. There are some cars that do not need alteration, the S Class being one of them, there are a lot more. I am really sorry if I have offended anyone who has modified their motor in any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Looking at it, it looks like it has the Brabus kit on it so could well be a debadged Brabus D6 (I think). They're still an S320 on the logbook.
    If it is a debadged Brabus, then I think its cooler that ice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It appears fairly obvious to me that the intention of the owner was to make the car resemble an S55. Personally, i'd have no more problem with it than I would with S55 badging - if you buy a car then you're entitled to do whatever you want with it. Some of you clearly feel differently, so feel free to discuss the merits of non-standard exhausts/badging etc on other peoples cars in a constructive and non-rancourous manner.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Ok, I think the point that the OP was getting at is the usual "S55 amg" body kit + badges and it's actually an S320 cdi underneath.

We all know, we've gone through this loads of time's before and seen loads of examples.

Like the RS4 TDI's:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

In before the Lock ;)

In before the Lock ;)

o.O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I wouldn't have a problem with the car you posted OP, there's plenty of cars around the place made to look like other cars. The amount of A4s with RS4 kits as limerick man said is unreal. Some of them are lovely cars with a lot of money and time put into them. I would draw the line at them sticking an RS4 badge on it tho, I think that ruins it. That's just my opinion.

I drive an Octavia with an RS spoiler, I think it adds a lot to the car, but I wouldn't put an RS badge anywhere near it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

nothing wrong with the car imo

this would of been more suited to the OP's opening statement :

039.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

The exhausts look odd on it. It's like they are sticking out further than the car bumper. I think it looks dorky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Saw a silver CLK today covered in AMG badges and a sparkly set of AMG alloys. Looked a bit stupid, but as long as it didn't say CLK55 AMG on the back, then I don't see anything wrong with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Toyota MR2 anyone?

MR2b.jpg
    MR2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's a bad one, I've seen much less bad ones :)

Vehicle DescriptionRegistration 93CE3627
    Make TOYOTA
    Model MR2 2.0
    Description GT 02DR
    Fuel Type PETROL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I think that car might be an absolute deathtrap.

It seems they've cut off the roof to add the drop top.

It'd fold like a carton of milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Those things are absolutely ridiculous, don't know why any sap would bother...

Threads merged.

No need for two threads on the same topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Don't see anything wrong with it myself, its not like he's trying to say it's something it's not. Personally I prefer de-badged cars, especially in the likes of Mercs and Beamers.

Advertisement