Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does G36C get more distance then M4?

Options
  • 25-05-2009 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Lads.

Out of curiosity.

Why is any G36C i use (get a shot/lend of) get more distance than my M4 or any other M4? Both shooting at around 320fps
    Dosent most M4s have longer barrels than the G36C.
    Correct me if i am wrong but isent it ''the longer the barral the more distance''

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

mle1324 wrote: »
    Lads.

Out of curiosity.

Why is any G36C i use (get a shot/lend of) get more distance than my M4 or any other M4? Both shooting at around 320fps
    Dosent most M4s have longer barrels than the G36C.
    Correct me if i am wrong but isent it ''the longer the barral the more distance''

SORRY, HAVE REQUSETED TITLE FIX (im a bit too cockey when it comes to typing)

To begin with there are different brandss of m4's and g36c's. eg. Jing Gong, Dboys, G&G etc. Each brand might have different versions with different internal componants.

If you want to increase your m4's range a silicone hop-up is an easy and cheap job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    To begin with there are different brandss of m4's and g36c's. eg. Jing Gong, Dboys, G&G etc. Each brand might have different versions with different internal componants.

If you want to increase your m4's range a silicone hop-up is an easy and cheap job

Well the G36C i used was a KWA and the other was a JG.
    The M4 i used was a Dboys S-System (my own) and a JG M4A1 Carbine.

Tell us more about this silacone hop up thing,please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Maybe your hop up is not set 100%, that will result in poor range

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The fact its an M4 or a G36 makes no difference, all aegs are gearboxes and barrels with dressing on them, it's basically the same firing mechanism, but what would affect it is the hop up as previously stated.
    The hop on the G36's could have been better bedded in which gives a bit more range.

no, the hop up is grand on mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

could be a number of things, range can depend on a lot of things from experience if your shooting the same fps, the difference will come down to barrel quality is it a 6.08 a 6.04 etc etc, strange thing is i found a 6.3 will shoot better than a 6.01. What type of hopup as in what quality is the material is it a hard or soft, depend on what material your hop up bucking is made from can make a massive difference, a hop up function on friction as well a hop up bucking can weardown.

There are lots of reason but no easy answers

See, the G36C was a KWA and my M4 is a Dboys so maybe the brand names say it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Barrel length has no negligible effect after 350mm aprox. Countrary to popular belief, 6.01 barrel will actually decrease accuracy, 6.03-6.05 barrels are best for accuracy. Range wise you need a decent hop up rubber. With our fps limit you'd want a soft hop up rubber like this one (http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=47&products_id=272). You could experiment with one of the tanio coba barrels to increase range, which have some kind 'gyro' effect. But that is not a garruntee that it will increase range.

well then what would the Dboys M4 S-System from Eirsoft be 6.01,6.03,6.05 e.c.t

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

See, the G36C was a KWA and my M4 is a Dboys so maybe the brand names say it all.

my dboys m4 s-system outshoots a lot of things and shooting at 312 fps its quite accurate!

• Advertisement

thermo wrote: »
    my dboys m4 s-system outshoots a lot of things and shooting at 312 fps its quite accurate!

well maybe the KWA G36C is like a special AEG,i mean like this yoke is f***en animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

well maybe the KWA G36C is like a special AEG,i mean like this yoke is f***en animal.

they are savage but the m4 still shoots better than my mates one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

well then what would the Dboys M4 S-System from Eirsoft be 6.01,6.03,6.05 e.c.t

The barrel should be a 6.05 but I'm not sure, I'd say get the hop up first and see if that helps.

i am happy about the way mine shoots:) but what suprises me is that a AEG (G36C) with a shorter barrel is getting more distance:( than mine which has a longer barrel:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Well puding was closest of all of you....

The g36 hop unit is a better design to the m4... it looses less air, and provides a more consistent hop.... the barrel is shorter, but as some have said, its neglegable difference beyond a point... 300mm, the g36c length to be exact...

how to make the m4 better ? sell it.

Or add a shark fin hop rubber, and a normal bucking, (NOT H as well, the two wont work well together) and a decent TK twist barrel... at 1j, its going to have a good effect in any gun...

as for why, i hope I answered that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Michael-O'Neill

i think a longer barrel means more accuracy but less range

not had good experience with TK barrels, i would just go with madbul 6.03 nice performance small price and a guarder bucking, jobs done

i think a longer barrel means more accuracy but less range
    No, thats not right hon.

Puding: how many have you used? because all 4 of mine work excelently... 2 pistol ones, and two aegs...

used two myself, one in a tm vsr and one i put in my vfx ak74 before i switched, its swings and roundabouts, i have a friend who swears blind there the best thing since sliced bread, but i just found i got more consistent improvement to performance with a simple 6.03

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

+1 Puding.

• Advertisement

Our experience will have to differ then. But in a 300mm g36c, with sub 328fps... the TK will be quite an improvement Following the science and the experience.
    Either way, his experience of better performance is deffinately the hop unit's fault :P

Advertisement