Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

countdown to 306

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Am i right in saying that irish paper 2 for pass is only like 15-17 percent? Most in my class have just pretty much disregarded it like, we are all just going for the d3 in irish.

Yep, that's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

what percentage is it for honours?
    and what poems and stories have never come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Whose the presenter one?
    Ya can kinda tell shes annoyin the fook out of the guests:

"Ding ding ding ding ding di-"*slap*

Let the guest talk!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

piggies wrote: »
    haha yeh its not very helpful tonight!

anyone have any points for an irish essay on 'the strength of the irish language'???

can only think of:
    - TG4
    -radio na life etc..
    -gaeltacht
    .........what else!?

Maybe something on the increase in 'gaelscoileanna' in each county, Irish being in 'fashion', the Language Commissioner, the whole Irish being a 'teanga oifigiúla oibre de Aontais Eorpach' thing.

As for the predictions, I think Jack was mentioned; we are advised to know each line of each poem (Uirchill An Chreagain was typified); the characters of An Triail and Irish society during the 50s (I was under the assumption though that this was about society in the 60s?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cocomk1

whats up for discussion on this tomorrow?....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

strongr wrote: »
    Am i right in saying that irish paper 2 for pass is only like 15-17 percent? Most in my class have just pretty much disregarded it like, we are all just going for the d3 in irish.

she said irish paper 2 for pass is 110 marks and the aural is 120 marks. she said people seem to forget about the aural and don't be looking round ya when the cd is on

cocomk1 wrote: »
    whats up for discussion on this tomorrow?....

maths......think his name is john brennan....but first they'll have a 'celebrity' on for half an hour for a chin wag

Jammyc wrote: »
    Whose the presenter one?
    Ya can kinda tell shes annoyin the fook out of the guests:

"Ding ding ding ding ding di-"*slap*

Let the guest talk!!:mad:

suppose they can't afford to give her a bell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

pathway33 wrote: »
    maths......think his name is john brennan....but first they'll have a 'celebrity' on for half an hour for a chin wag
    John Brennan is a legend. Met him once. He gave me a crash course on how to get a solid A1 at higher level and I thought I knew it all! Listen carefully he's the best!

Note: My comment made earlier about the examiner not repeating poems since 06 was for higher level as I have now edited in previous posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

how many more subjects are they doing on this?

it's on every night (weekdays anyway) til the leaving is half over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jonesy A

They are covering all major subjects and you can also chat on the rte.ie/exams website. The presenter says the experts will be checking comments and posting replies. The site is great and you can listen to the latest podcasts on the site too! It all helps!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jonesy A

Heh any1 lookin at the videos on the RTE exams website, Ruth Scott's playlist is mental!! Check out Owen Fitzpatricks tips though - sound advice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Man stop advertising the show it irritating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

You can use the website

Jonesy A wrote: »
    They are covering all major subjects and you can also chat on the rte.ie/exams website. The presenter says the experts will be checking comments and posting replies. The site is great and you can listen to the latest podcasts on the site too! It all helps!!!

evelyn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

That DJ is so annoying. She laughs over the guests and talks crap. Let the guests talk!
    Thank me if you agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Did my LC last year. This radio show is great. It's amazing how much they get right with their predictions.

It felt like cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Swizz wrote: »
    That DJ is so annoying. She laughs over the guests and talks crap. Let the guests talk!
    Thank me if you agree

Feel the exact same her voice so annoyin when your trying to take in what the guests ar saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

lol that annoying DJ girl is "aware the shows being discussed on boards", hope she knows she's getting purely slated

Their ****ing jingle is annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    Did my LC last year. This radio show is great. It's amazing how much they get right with their predictions.

It felt like cheating.
    Yes same I'm an LC2008 student and I was glued to their show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

anyone know whats on today ? im dying for some michael doran geography predictions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Swizz wrote: »
    Thank me if you agree
    Posted this earlier. She just keeps shoutin over them when theyre giving tips ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

anyone know whats on today ? im dying for some michael doran geography predictions

Pretty sure it is geography tonight :)

aha so we have established the cause of student 'unease' with countdown to 306. The show was brilliant last year. Were there any celebrities taking up half the show last year? I doubt it.

I would suggest we wouldn't mind ding ding ding ding ding if the teachers weren't squashed into such a tight time slot. Did john brennan even get a chance to talk about paper 2?

See with every minute that is wasted as the clock ticks towards 7.30 the student population gets tenser and tenser because the class of 09 aint getting what they tuned in for.

I would suggest there would be a much more positive attitude towards the program if the only thing that was changed was get the celebs off.

If the producers thought they would calm the class of 09 by relaying stories of how pointless the leaving cert was then they got it wrong bigtime.

As far as I am concerned the show would be perfect without the first 20 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

pathway33 wrote: »
    aha so we have established the cause of student 'unease' with countdown to 306. The show was brilliant last year. Were there any celebrities taking up half the show last year? I doubt it.

I would suggest we wouldn't mind ding ding ding ding ding if the teachers weren't squashed into such a tight time slot. Did john brennan even get a chance to talk about paper 2?

See with every minute that is wasted as the clock ticks towards 7.30 the student population gets tenser and tenser because the class of 09 aint getting what they tuned in for.

I would suggest there would be a much more positive attitude towards the program if the only thing that was changed was get the celebs off.

If the producers thought they would calm the class of 09 by relaying stories of how pointless the leaving cert was then they got it wrong bigtime.

As far as I am concerned the show would be perfect without the first 20 mins.

IIRC, there were a few "celebs" om it alright last year. Haven't listened to this since Tuesday though so cant comment on it since then. To be honest though it would make sense that the entire show be focused to the task of helping the students, not making the show any better for anyone who just happens to be listening whos not doing the Leaving next week

Advertisement