Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography Course Wanted In Cork

• 25-05-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hello guys i'm a newby to Cameras, just got my first proper twas a gift for my birthday from my fiancee and its a Canon 450D. Its easy enough to use in dummy mode but i wanna learn how to stretch its legs.

anyone any idea of courses for beginers in Cork and roughly how much they cost etc?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Not sure what you're interested in, but Mike Brown does workshops in Clon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

cheers just wanna learn the basics and how to put the camera to good use really. give me a foundation to go forward from. thanks again

Well the manual is a good start.
    Then there are very good tutorials online.

Do you understand exposure, aperture and all that?

City-Exile wrote: »
    Well the manual is a good start.
    Then there are very good tutorials online.

Do you understand exposure, aperture and all that?

yes i do, i've been lookin at the manual and that and intend doing the onlin tutorials, just back from hols so haven't had time yet.

thanks

You're well on your way so.
    Be careful though, it's a slippery slope when you start to get more creative and decide you need more lenses, a flash, a tripod, a remote switch, a bag to hold it all... :D

• Advertisement

^^^Have 2 bags already!! can see me spending stupid money alright but wanted a good camera for an age so i plan enjoying it. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

I don't think you'll find any classes this time of year. In the Autumn though there will invariably be some in the schools/colleges doing night courses. Keep an eye out for the booklet on night courses - it's usually prominently available in Easons and Porters.

Meanwhile, I'd recommend buying one or more of the photography magazines every month as well as checking out the myriad websites dealing with all aspects of digital photography. More importantly, use your camera at every opportunity.

Carrigman wrote: »
    I don't think you'll find any classes this time of year. In the Autumn though there will invariably be some in the schools/colleges doing night courses. Keep an eye out for the booklet on night courses - it's usually prominently available in Easons and Porters.

Meanwhile, I'd recommend buying one or more of the photography magazines every month as well as checking out the myriad websites dealing with all aspects of digital photography. More importantly, use your camera at every opportunity.

sound advice, will do thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Carrigman wrote: »
    Would they cover SLRs though? I was looking for a course when the last batch came around and all the ones I saw the description sounded like they were aiming at very basic point & shoot cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

Why don't you join our club; Cork camera group
    www.corkcameragroup.net
    The season has finished. but the first Tuesday of September we start again. And it is every Tuesday from 8pm.
    This year we had a remarkable increase in new members joining in.
    We also develop small groups gatherings or meets & head out during the year to different locations for shoot.

• Advertisement

^^might do down the line but its all a bit grown up for me!! I'm not much above a mobile phone camera wielder at this point maybe down the line. Good to know though, thanks

Advertisement