Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training for MMA

Options
  • 25-05-2009 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

thought id start a thread on training, maybe people can swap training ideas and work outs that are aimed at mma fitness..
    Maybe certain gym routines or weights.

I guesss il start,

I train BJJ mainly but have been out due to a knee injury, so iv been going to the gym, doing free weights and trying to build on my agility. i generally do low weights and try to do high reps,

do alot of work with the medicine ball too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

As far as weight training etc goes best to use the fitness forum, for techniques and specific mma drills this is the place to ask.

I'm off training so will let some other lads give you advise, best piece of gym advise for mma i can give though is train hard..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Crossfit and kettlebells.

hhhhend of thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mcdermott

has anyone ever kept to the crossfit schedule and done it all the time?

It looks hardcore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Colm O Reilly is one of the main men in ireland in crossfit from what I know

have you ever stuck to it Mr Mc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

We would use some of their concepts

But i believe you need some balance. I think too much of the high rep, low weight thing doesn't suit MMA terribly well

There's times when u need to use maximum power to escape situations and in those circumstances I think the crossfit model would let you down.

That just my Opinion though. I'm sure many would disagree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 owenbjj

What is cross fit?

owenbjj wrote: »
    What is cross fit?

http://www.crossfit.com/

Advertisement