Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change over to low energy lights

Options
  • 25-05-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

HELP PLEASE

I want to install low energy lighting. At the moment there is 220v 4 bar light with 4no. 35w g10 bulbs in my kitchen.

Do I have to buy a new light to be able to insert 4no. 2w g10 led bulbs (equivalent to 20w which require 12v) or can i add a transformer?

I also have 220v single spots in the hallway. But they are too bright at 35w. I know i can buy 20w bulbs (or the 2w led equivalent) but again they need 12v power. Can I add transformer or do they have to be changed.

Please advise.
    Thanks
    2cracks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can get Led's for 230v so you wont need to install the transformer. They are probably a better lamp to use. The 12v ones are MR16 type fittings, where the 230v ones are GU10's.

http://www.futureled.ie/ is just one site that sells them, their are many others.

Advertisement