Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Prediction PLZZZ???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

You could always just try a balance sheet on a 60 marker and see if you get it to balance. Our teacher always did that with us, although as it was made out as a 60 mark question it would be simple enough. 100 mark questions aren't really more difficult in service firms/club so I'd imagine it would be the same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tevez101

I have around 4 farm account 100 markers if your interested...they're pretty easy although they are long and tedious....they've never appeared on the paper as a 100 marker...pretty unlikey that they would throw it up this year taking into account what happend last year.

my worry for accounting this year would be the tabular statements. Dont get me wrong I'm pretty good at them and know them inside out but i can see them throwing in new adjustments like they did with suspence last year. Some of those could catch me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

KenHy wrote: »
    I've just looked at last years "farce" of a paper and I cant see anything wrong with it at all other than it didn't meat peoples predictions.

Moral of the story! don't try and predict stuff, every year people get caught out doing it.
    You can't really cover everything though. I mean we never covered departmental accounts and they can come up as Q1 but they never have! The missing Q1!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

You could always just try a balance sheet on a 60 marker and see if you get it to balance. Our teacher always did that with us, although as it was made out as a 60 mark question it would be simple enough. 100 mark questions aren't really more difficult in service firms/club so I'd imagine it would be the same here.

Yeh I've done that a few times but they're easy. With the actual 100mark Q there were a lot more balance sheet items in the trial balance.

Advertisement