Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Ireland for Man Utd????????

124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

too f**kin right al
    lets let 'andos' performance tonight stew in utd fans brains. ireland > anderson forever. like it or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Jazzy wrote: »
    too f**kin right al
    lets let 'andos' performance tonight stew in utd fans brains. ireland > anderson forever. like it or not

Of course Ireland is better, that shouldn't even be up for debate. Anderson: the best brazilian United had since Kleberson!

MIA (again) tonight:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

too f**kin right al

anderson was fairly sh*te tonight alright but...

mate, i'm a proud pool fan, but you really are just baiting utd fans.

you know exactly what they're going to do...

1) tell you stuff like ireland hasn't played in games of that magnitude before.
    2) what have pool done this year compared to utd this year?

so unless we all want to go down the road of utd v pool for the 1,000,000th time in a 1,000,000th thread......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Ireland is a far far far better player than anderson every day of the week imo anderson is one on the most over rated players in the league

This.

Any manager in their right mind would choose Ireland over Anderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thats jazzy for ya irishkop or wat ever its called is missing a village ---- well think people know the rest

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

SlickRic wrote: »
    anderson was fairly sh*te tonight alright but...

mate, i'm a proud pool fan, but you really are just baiting utd fans.

you know exactly what they're going to do...

1) tell you stuff like ireland hasn't played in games of that magnitude before.
    2) what have pool done this year compared to utd this year?

so unless we all want to go down the road of utd v pool for the 1,000,000th time in a 1,000,000th thread......

nah man. ive watched him play enough.ireland has at least showed ambition and drive, anderson seems to expect it. ireland will reach very high levels. anderson will be a try hard but ultimately i dont think he has it. utd demand a scoles, a keane, a robson,a bobby charlton. anderson will not be wat utd demand.

and thats super headshot. well done. you have defeated the powers of evil for tonite, but a new challenge awaits tomorow. you've got the touch, you've got the power! YEAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

nah man. ive watched him play enough.ireland has at least showed ambition and drive, anderson seems to expect it. ireland will reach very high levels. anderson will be a try hard but ultimately i dont think he has it. utd demand a scoles, a keane, a robson,a bobby charlton. anderson will not be wat utd demand.

and thats super headshot. well done. you have defeated the powers of evil for tonite, but a new challenge awaits tomorow. you've got the touch, you've got the power! YEAH!

Can't agree with that. While I think Ireland is a better player than Anderson atm, there is no way someone can say Anderson doesn't show ambition or drive. When he plays, as of late, he has shown just that and usually has a great game in the middle of the park.

Ireland is more developed than Anderson. He's a huge prospect but just isn't there yet. He will be with the proper guidance, and at United he has the best chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

being reported as i type, ireland has signed a new 5yr deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Really? Thought the lad might have a bit of ambition about him.

Aidric wrote: »
    Really? Thought the lad might have a bit of ambition about him.

city aren't ambitious?

since when?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

SlickRic wrote: »
    city aren't ambitious?

since when?
    Every club is ambitious tbh, if they weren't they might as well pack up. My comment was in relation to the player himself. He's good enough for a top 4 side and City are a few years off that yet imo.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Maybe he'd like to help the club achieve that instead of just moving?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Aidric wrote: »
    Every club is ambitious tbh, if they weren't they might as well pack up. My comment was in relation to the player himself. He's good enough for a top 4 side and City are a few years off that yet imo.

fair enough, to a point i do agree.

i think it's somewhat admirable though that he maybe believes he's able to achieve things at City.

and City, as you know, are different to pretty much every other club at the moment; they have money to back the ambition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Where was it reported?
    Searched but can only find a provisional agreement made for 5 years on the 19th May

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Headline here http://www.stephenireland.com/ but the story isn't updated. It's also all over the MCFC fan boards.

Delighted he has committed himself, he's a joy to watch. It's an exciting time for City, the transfer hype has started already which makes for an interesting summer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

its on mcfc.co.uk aswell and skysports. now the rest can FCUK off hes staying with us. :D:D

ambition. no, sure we dont spend all that money to try win anything :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Delighted he is staying with City. He seems happy there, you never know he may even want to play for Irelad again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Fair to him, delighted he didn't leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

thegen wrote: »
    Delighted he is staying with City. He seems happy there, you never know he may even want to play for Irelad again.

He's been playing for Ireland all the time.;)

Advertisement