Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

differentiation and integration emergency

Options
  • 25-05-2009 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

i cant do any question dealing with differentiation or integration.
    thats half of paper 1 and part of paper 2. i didnt even try them in the mocks
    exams in 12 days and im screwed

what the hell can i do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

get grinds or ask on of your buddies to work through

its not that hard, a few simple rules underly it, then loads of practice on the textbook and old exam papers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I was the same as you! I've got differentiation down but I haven't a clue how to do integration! well I'd say I could do the (a) part but that's it. and we've only done 6 Qs in school so I don't have the option of doing anything else. I'm screwedddd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Look in your log tables. It's all you need. You just employ the same method every time. The chain rule can be tricky so you should go over that. Find a way to understand it. Substitution can also be a bit tricky but keep at it.

If you can't get a grind - and you've some money to spare - go over to examsupport.ie and buy the six videos covering all of calculus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

kevogy wrote: »
    i cant do any question dealing with differentiation or integration.
    thats half of paper 1 and part of paper 2. i didnt even try them in the mocks
    exams in 12 days and im screwed

what the hell can i do?

Differentiation is only 2 Qs on Paper1 and one Q on Integration on the same paper! The Integration your talking about on Paper2 is on the option Q. So your not screwed.

Theres 8 Qs on each paper, only have to do 6Qs on each paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Swizz wrote: »
    Differentiation is only 2 Qs on Paper1 and one Q on Integration on the same paper! The Integration your talking about on Paper2 is on the option Q. So your not screwed.
    I imagine they will need to have some sort of understanding of integration for further calculus.

Advertisement