Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paying off debts

Options
  • 25-05-2009 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

looking for advise
    have a personal loan with ge money and 2 credit card
    in debt to the amount of 30,000 want to try and put these all in one loan
    finding it really hard to pay anything off credit cards other than min payment i know my own bank won't lend me the money and applied to new bank and they turned me down what i need to know is where is best to apply ,at the moment I'm making payments but want to sort this before i get bad credit history any help would be appreciated have been told ge money no longer give personal loans so that rules them out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Well first off as far as im aware no banks will take on other banks debts especially in todays climate,
    second cut up the credit cards and stop using them dont use one to pay another or anything like that and pay off as much as you can each month try switching to a 0% offer with them so your not paying tonnes in interest maybe the banks you have the credit cards with will let you get personal loans to clear and cancel the cards.
    Third if in serious trouble contact MABS for help.

All of the above are things i would do and not FA so its really up to you to grab the raging bull of debt by the horns and get it under control!!!!!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

+1 to what Richie says.

Can you set up a standing order to the credit cards so you're paying off a set amount every month? Then cut them up obviously. I'd say you'll find it very difficult to get a bank to consolidate all these loans. Who do you have the credit cards with?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

Cards already cut up haven't used in months
    2 cards 1 with mbna & 1 with boi

not in serious trouble just wanted to try sort before it gets like that

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Well BOI might restructure their card into a loan. You'll probably find they won't take on the MBNA one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dclare

Getting credit in the current environment is getting tricky, especially when you want to refinance unsecured loans.

Are you are a member of a credit union? If you are, have a chat with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement