Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom network outage ...?

Options
  • 25-05-2009 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

My Dad's in Carlow and *all* his Eircom services are out (voice line too). They are telling him another 3 days to fix (without saying what thee source of the problem is). I notice that www.eircom.ie appears (at time of posting anyway) dead too ("The eircom.ie website is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance work. Please try again later")

Is anyone else experiencing complete loss of all Eircom services? (I know, I know, how would you be able to read my post? I reckon there are lots of resourceful people on here though....)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Is it just him or is anyone else in his neighbourhood experiencing the same problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

workin fine for me in kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 30 V6DEC

No Problems here in Dundalk.
    Seldom a problem with Eircom - Very Reliable unlike previous providers.
    481375242.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

The eircom.ie website is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance work.
    Please try again later.

22:30 25/5/09

Edit > But dialup connection has been fine all evening.

Eircom normally quote 3-4 days for repairs and as the phone has gone aswell it does sound likes its a line fault. But if you are off for more than 2 working days you can claim back 2 months line rental but you have to ask for it. http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/universal_service_obligation___what_it_means_for_your_phone_service.264.LE.asp

Edit > sorry theres a lot to read there the important bit is......

Customer Service Guarantee
    eircom operates a customer service guarantee. The service guarantee states that where eircom does not meet targets in relation to installation and fault repair customers may be entitled to a rebate as follows:
    Installation: if eircom fails to install a line within 10 working days of eircom agreement to do so the customer can claim a credit of two months free line rental.
    The rebate refers to PSTN installation only.
    Repair: if eircom fails to clear faults within 2 working days customers can claim the equivalent of two months line rental.
    The eircom rebate refers to PSTN fault repairs only and it does not apply in the circumstances outlined below:
    Extreme weather conditions (eg storm, lightening, flooding)
    Serious damage to telecommunications equipment caused by a third party
    When a customer is unavailable to have their fault repaired in two working days
    When the customer agrees to an appointment date in excess of two working days
    If the fault is diagnosed as a non-fault (e.g. line working when tested, fault not in eircom’s network)
    Where a replacement telephone is dispatched by post
    Internal wiring and teleccommunication equipment within the customer premises or a third party property

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭alc

It would seem his neighbours are having the same problem, no phone/data services. Sounds like some problem between them and the exchange (or maybe the exchange itself). Eircom are saying that it will take 3 working days, starting from Friday evening.

Is anyone else here on the Killerig exchange?

Re rebates: that "Universal Service Obligation" rebate seems just for loss of voice services. Anyone know if there's a similar rebate clause for data services?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

alc wrote: »
    It would seem his neighbours are having the same problem, no phone/data services. Sounds like some problem between them and the exchange (or maybe the exchange itself). Eircom are saying that it will take 3 working days, starting from Friday evening.

Is anyone else here on the Killerig exchange?

Re rebates: that "Universal Service Obligation" rebate seems just for loss of voice services. Anyone know if there's a similar rebate clause for data services?

I have been onto BT and there is a problem with 8 exchanges throughout the country. Not all numbers on exchange are affected. Eircom have been working on this "franticly" since Saturday. I have intermittant service. Some have complete outage.

afaik you can only get a no questions asked rebate if you claim it for the PSTN service.

But you could try lodging a complaint via the eircom.net complaints number 1800 200481 and you might get a rebate on your bill?

Let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭alc

Eircom fixed the problem by Tuesday evening, just inside the 2 day repair time. Will have to be a consumer champion another day!

Thanks for all the interest.

Advertisement