Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoyed

Options
  • 25-05-2009 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Resently I have been getting more and more annoyed with a large Dublin Rescue, they recieve alot of goverment funding and have excellent facilties, so the reason I am so annoyed is the lack of real compassion they seem to have and how they seem to be extremely fussy on what animals they help.

I have heard of them refusing a Dog because he had Cataracts in one eye even though the owner was goin to put him asleep(the dog was only 8m) luckly for the dog the owner changed its mind. I have also heard of them refusing to take certain dogs cause of the breed and even came across a dog that was "spayed" (even had stiches in when the new owners colllected it) by them only to have puppies a few weeks later.

I just feel that the wrong charities are getting all the press and its the smaller ones that really deserve the goverment funding and peoples support!!! Just my little rant....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

kazza90210 wrote: »
    I just feel that the wrong charities are getting all the press
    Not all government funded charities are undeserving...it just takes one or 2 charities not up to scratch to sully the work that the brilliant ones do.
    kazza90210 wrote: »
    its the smaller ones that really deserve the goverment funding and peoples support!!!
    There are several rescues in this country that people don't even know exist....some don't even have local support, the community does nothing to help, yet the rescue's door is the one they knock on when they want to dump a dog or cat.
    They go unnoticed and either don't get near the Government's radar for funding, or get a small fund that pays 5% of their annual running costs.

Kazza, it's that very same frustration that conceived MIDS.... You can read about us by clicking on MIDS in my sig....

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

i agree with your rant kazza, we have to SPCA's near us, theres the main one, that pay's all there staff very well (fair enuff, people deserve it if they work for it) but anytime ive been there, they only ever have about 5 dogs n maybe 6 cats, the place is huge... one of the guys that works there has a new car every few months.. i think they maybe paying a bit too much to staff for doing bugger all... and apparantly they never have room to take in strays...

and then theres the small local SPCA, all the women are volenteers, they have a second hand shop and draws at christmas to raise money... currrently one of the women and myself are working on a peom book to raise some more money... this society takes in any and every animal that they have room for (which isnt much) i hoping to build somewhere for them to keep the animals coz i have a lot of land and know some builders that will do it on the cheap, then we'll be able to take in all the dogs we can...

Advertisement