Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Degree Results

• 25-05-2009 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

I was always working on the basis that it's final year results only that count towards your degree (final year arts here btw) but a friend told me recently that if it'll bring up your grade you can use second year results too. I'm not sure of the breakdown but something like 20% / 80% or 25% / 75%.

Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

extract from marks and standards

The final year subject mark will incorporate, where relevant, the penultimate year mark weighted at 30%, applied only to the student’s advantage. For students whose penultimate year is spent abroad on one of the BA International programmes, the Second-Year mark is used. Where students are pursuing a joint honours programme in the penultimate year and progress to a single honours programme in final year the penultimate mark of the relevant subject is used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Cheers.

From reading that it seems it's something done automatically and you don't need to request it! Maybe I'll email academic advisory and double check!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Also incase anyone is wondering about other degree results, with Science degrees when applying for the 1st round of IRCSET postgraduate funding, it is the results at the end of
    3rd year that decide the award (before getting your final results).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I always thought it was 40% Second Year and 60% Third year.

Never mattered for me anyway though, since I got an average of 60.1% at every exam I ever did in Maynooth ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Just in case anyone is wondering I checked it out and if it will bring you up 30% of your second year results will be used and it's done automatically!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

conf101 wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is wondering I checked it out and if it will bring you up 30% of your second year results will be used and it's done automatically!

Do you have a link to that?

I know you are right but it'd be handy to have and maybe this thread could be made into a sticky as it gets asked time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

All information on Marks and Standards is contained in this PDF

http://examinations.nuim.ie/documents/MarksandStandards_001.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Thank Christ 1st year results mean nothing!

Rocky gone Conf101, Rocky gone....

Advertisement