Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord Selling House

Options
  • 25-05-2009 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi, wondering if anybody can help.
    Our LL has informed us that he is going to sell the house.
    He gave a set of keys (of our house) to Estate Agents and also gave my mobile to them so that initially I could set up an appointment with them to come in and view house before marketing it.
    I informed EA that I always wanted to be present when a viewing was taking place (as this is my house and all contents are mine).
    This was all fine, at first, but now EA is being rude to us demanding to know why I am not available, if I am not available to do a viewing.
    They have put up a for sale sign in the front garden and from other threads I have read, this should not happen until the last month of notice. They should also not be doing any viewings of the house until the last month of notice. LL hasn't even given us notice!
    I have contacted Threshold for advice but all they can tell me is the normal notice periods, which I found out for myself, via their website.
    Is any of this legal and do I have to let EA in with potential purchasers to view house, and if so, how many times a week in normal? Should EA have set of keys to my house?

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement