Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redoing LC Maths

Options
  • 25-05-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Yo all,
    Got a pass in the maths back in the day, so I'm thinking of redoing it. Did ordinary level when I did my LC, but since I'm redoing it, may as well go for the honors level. Will mean a bit more work, but if I'm going to redo it, may as well do it well.

Was wondering what would the best way to go about studying for it? Work full time, and have found the way it's taught in schools didn't really suit me, so I'm thinking of going the self-study route.

Doing the examples in the book may work, but I won't know if I'm doing it the correct way or not, so thus my misgivings on that alone.

Anyone redo the LC maths before, and if so, how did you do it?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I'm thinking of going the self-study route.

Fair play to you! I am not saying that you cannot do it this way, but it would be very difficult. As you said yourself:

Doing the examples in the book may work, but I won't know if I'm doing it the correct way or not, so thus my misgivings on that alone.

I needed help with maths myself and what I did was put up an add on a notice board in a 3rd level college for maths grinds. A very talented maths student that was doing a masters taught myself and 2 others for a very reasonable rate. Remember, students need to be able to make some money because college is expensive.

Good luck with it!

Advertisement