Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ie Boards Blackout Cup Registration

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

i'm the musicboxers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Yeah i'll play too Forza Juve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Pukka RFC
    Manager
    downtime
    Stadium
    LandsowneVeldsFeld
    Region
    South Dublin
    Country
    Ireland
    League
    #6 in IV.58

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Alright guys, we will cap things at 28, we are currently one place short. :)

We have 28 then:
    Scorched Earth
    Wondering Wanders
    A Lovely Bunch Altogether
    The Rebels
    Conleths's

Bart The Cantankerous Gnome
    XaviXI
    Geraldine RFC
    Polk High
    dead hard fcukers

Daveos Masters
    Lunster
    Cork Hurricanes
    PNG Wanders
    Flying Whales

Bridge Burners
    Ashton
    Everyone Likes A Tryer
    Dowland RFC
    Daves DangerMen

musicboxers
    Munster Mark II
    Gideons
    Bogwarriors
    Madness

Forza Juve
    Banner Warriors
    Pukka RFC

Thanks everyone, Chup is working on the website right now, and hopefully we will get fixtures and everything up within a week, so sit tight. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Hoozah!!

Oh and could a mod kindly close this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Well done guys for getting this up and running!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

How is this coming along ?

jprender wrote: »
    How is this coming along ?

Chup is working on the website, so just a little more patience. ;)

• Advertisement

corny have you entered two teams - re:madness and Forza Juve. :confused:

This is a large part of the PM I just sent out:
    Alright, with everything finalised and the competition, fixtures etc in place, its now time for all entrants to accept the fixtures for the opening seven rounds of the league part of the cup. The opening round is scheduled for Monday, July the 27th. Please follow these instructions to ensure all fixtures will be organised:

1. Log into Blackout Rugby.

2. Press the 'my club' header and then, underneath to the far right, press the 'friendlies' tab.

3. You should see a new option here on the left column entitled 'IE Boards Blackout Cup', the final of three options. Press this.

4. You should be faced with your club's six league fixtures in the ie boards Blackout Cup competition. Press the six blue 'accept' buttons, and they should turn to a green 'accepted'. That is it.

Once you have followed these instructions, you will be entered fully into the ie boards Blackout cup.

However, if there are any problems (fixtures inaccuarate or missing for example) or questions regarding the above instructions or the competition, no matter how basic or trivial, please feel free to PM me with your queries.

Finally, there is a deadline for accepting your fixtures, which is Friday July the 24th 12:00 p.m. The reason for this is to ensure that all fixtures are agreed in good time for the opening round, and to allow for changes in case an entrant fails to accept his fixtures. Any entrant that fails to agree his fixtures before this deadline without good reason will be replaced.

I think it possible, likely even, that many entrants to the competition will fail to accept their fixtures, and thus will have to be replaced. If there are any posters here with teams that want to enter the competition, please post your details on this thread and will put you on a shortlist to replace those who have failed to accept their fixtures.

Orizio wrote: »
    corny have you entered two teams - re:madness and Forza Juve. :confused:

I have yeah.

corny wrote: »
    I have yeah.

Choose one to stay in, I'm afraid it will be too problematic if both your teams draw each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

This is a large part of the PM I just sent out:

I think it possible, likely even, that many entrants to the competition will fail to accept their fixtures, and thus will have to be replaced. If there are any posters here with teams that want to enter the competition, please post your details on this thread and will put you on a shortlist to replace those who have failed to accept their fixtures.

Put me down as a replacement please! Bomber Blues

No problem, jackass is the first replacement, you are second, although keep in mind the bulk of posters have agreed their fixtures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

So do i need to do anything now? Arrange friendlies or whatever...I don't know what group I'm in or who I'm playing and stuff :o

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

No problem, jackass is the first replacement, you are second, although keep in mind the bulk of posters have agreed their fixtures.

Yeah no worries, understand that.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    So do i need to do anything now? Arrange friendlies or whatever...I don't know what group I'm in or who I'm playing and stuff :o

I'm waiting on Corny's reply, and will then send you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

About two thirds of players accepted, but i'd say most subs will get in

• Advertisement

Choose one to stay in, I'm afraid it will be too problematic if both your teams draw each other.

No problem. I'll stick with Forza Juve.

League 4 entrants please re-accept your fixtures after the exclusion of Madness and introduction of Raging Bulls.

The following clubs have thus far failed to accept their first round fixtures...

Daveos Masters
    Bridge Burners
    Pukka RFC
    Dowland RFC
    A Lovely Bunch Altogether

Gideons
    polk high
    Flying whales
    Conleth's

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Im up for it also if people drop out :D

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Im up for it also if people drop out :D

No problem, just make sure log in regurly over the next few days.

Just so people know in advance...

It seems likely/probable that we may have to push the first round back a week. The reason for this is that right now we have nine teams who haven't accepted their fixtures as of right now, and I think it unlikely that 3/4 of entrants will accept their fixtures by Friday.

With this in mind, it might make the most sense to re-jig the groups a little bit and push things back a week - what do people think?

If we have to.
    Could we not just straight swap the teams in? And if there is a group with less than 7 so be it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

ajeffares wrote: »
    If we have to.
    Could we not just straight swap the teams in? And if there is a group with less than 7 so be it

I think this is the best, there seems to be a good few teams on the waiting list so they will fill up a good portion of the non-responsive teams. And would prevent delays in kicking off the cup!

I have a friend or two who might be able to fill in but don't use boards

• Advertisement

Well, we have two more that have accepted their fixtures. However, I'm just trying to avoid walkovers in certain groups. We'll see Friday.

Advertisement