Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Episode 7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_VII

File this under "never going to happen".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

The only chance of us seeing this coming to fruition is if Lucas leaves his baby in the hands of someone who wants to do it. As for Georgie, I'd very much doubt if this will be done in his lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭glenjamin

He's already said he won't pass the torch on. I think a lot of people were surprised to see him make a new Indiana Jones film so there will always be that glimmer of hope that he'll make a new Star Wars film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JohnnyIrvine666

Yeah great idea but where could the films go for the end of ROTJ? Vader's gone, the Empire is defeated and there is a balance now in the Force

What I'd REALLY like too see is a film version of the Boba Fett story Enemy Of The Empire that appeared in the Star Wars comic a few years back....... and maybe some tales of Obi-Wan's Jedi training....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭glenjamin

There's tones of way they could go about following ROTJ. Clone Emperor, Darth Caedus, Cade Skywalker, etc, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭meanmachine3

glenjamin wrote: »
    Was just browsing around online and came across this old link. Has anyone heard anything since about the possibility of a sequal trilogy?

http://www.rickroot.com/blog/1/2006/12/Star-Wars-Episode-7--The-Fallen-Hero.cfm

i just saw this thread just now.i couldn't open the link but what i'd say your on about is a saga called the journal of the whirls. george lucas origianlly wrote star wars as a nine parter.
    as we all know we've seen 1-6. so 7-9 inclusive are still missing. i've alot of books i've collected over the years and will look up the info and post it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

i just saw this thread just now.i couldn't open the link but what i'd say your on about is a saga called the journal of the whirls. george lucas origianlly wrote star wars as a nine parter.
    as we all know we've seen 1-6. so 7-9 inclusive are still missing. i've alot of books i've collected over the years and will look up the info and post it.

I thought he only wrote 6 and fans wrote another 3?!?!?!?!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

I thought he only wrote 6 and fans wrote another 3?!?!?!?!:confused:

I was always under the impression he wrote it as a 9 parter and never could work out why he started with episodes 4-6, but then again they were a large part of my childhood so I am very glad he did. :D

Would love to see the full 9 been made but as people already said, its hard to see Lucas commit another decade of his life to making them and he probably would not let anyone take his baby off of him in his lifetime so we would have to wait a long time for it to happen. Although with the vast sums involved, you can never say never..................;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

With the post ROTJ plot pretty much outlined in several novels, the writing is already there. All Lucas would have to do is make them into film...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

The Thrawn trilogy would be a superior sequel to anything Georgie wrote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

dyl10 wrote: »

A Yuuzhan Vong storyline would be absolutely out of this world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

dyl10 wrote: »
    Finally got aroung to reading these, on 2nd one now. Yeah Thrawn is class alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Please dear god no.....no no no, why it wasn't left after return of the jedi still astounds me.....ruined star wars with the prequel trilogy

Advertisement