Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland/Nigeria

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I really don't think Given needed to play this one. Kiely should have been given the nod and the previous issue would have been avoided.

Kiely deserved to play. At his age he doesn't need to miss out on caps when he could be with his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

I really don't think Given needed to play this one. Kiely should have been given the nod and the previous issue would have been avoided.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You'd know this game was an end-of-season friendly. Zzzzz.

Edit: Nigeria lead 1-0. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

Keane, nice lil finish well taken

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

good composure from Keane 1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The1337_Stephen

Must say, crisp passing and a classy finish from Keane.

We deserve to lead tbh, Best looking really lively.

Best is doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Who does the guy St Ledger play for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

i've tried every streaming site i know

someone link me up

• Advertisement

marbar wrote: »

someone link me up
    www.getsetantaorlookupafewposts.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Cionád wrote: »
    marbar wrote: »

someone link me up

fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

445279.ie wrote: »
    Who does the guy St Ledger play for?

Preston, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I want my 90 minutes back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

how did foaly play is he good enough to take that right back position?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

A decent team result and at least it gave the newer players , specially in the second half , a chance to make an impression .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

I thought Best was a poorer version of Caleb Folan. Decent close touch and strength and some of his knock ons weren't bad, but on the deck his decision making was poor.

I was really impressed with Kevin Foley, he's a beautiful passer of the ball off either foot. Excellent going forward as was shown with one burst up the line with Lawrence in the first half and is very solid in defence. Best right back in the championship last season, as is probably the best right back we have.

Eddie Nolan wasn't helped by the lack of cover provided by Duff but he never struck me as being comfortable on the ball. I would have thought Damien Delaney would be better than this lad.

Very impressed with Sean St. Ledger. Very comfortable on the ball, excellent positioning and defensively solid and commanding.

In an ideal world, Foley would be right full against Bulgaria. Dunne centre half and the other 2 positions to be occupied by O'Shea, Kilbane or St. Ledger, preferrably O'Shea and Ledger winning out.

Lawrence did well, not well enough to merit a starting place. Although, on the night, I felt he was actually the best winger on show, with McGeady and Hunt doing fairly poorly and Duff being decent. I'd expect Duff on the left and McGeady on the right.

Overall, I felt Keith Andrews did fantastically well in midfield. Controlled the game and set-up the goal with a deft through-ball. His passing and control was excellent and dominated the Nigerian midfield who never gained parity, at any stage. Given he had little help from Miller, Andrews is a cert for Bulgaria, with Whelan joining him again.

It's a bit sad to see Miller still starting in the middle of the park for Ireland, albeit to give Whelan a break. He doesn't compare at all to Chris McCann, and not well to Owen Garvan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Ekels wrote: »
    It's a bit sad to see Miller still starting in the middle of the park for Ireland, albeit to give Whelan a break.
    I thought he did very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Thought Miller did well also....wasn't at all impressed by Foley, doesn't look near enough ready so it looks like McShane for the forseeable :( like the look of Best and think he'll start against Bulgaria if Folan doesn'y make it tho I think Long should have been given the opportunity to show what he can do ahead of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Nobody did it was a draw 1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement