Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendlies Corner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

So a Div.3 team PMed me asking for a Monday friendly ? I replied, only if we WNWIM as I have a cup game Wednesday, he agreed n I accepted the request.

final score was 23-28 to him and he LTNT, I'm not impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

TheJims wrote: »

Look at the bright side, at least it was only a friendly and nothing important and now you know never to trust him. Its why i never do WNWIM agreements

I won't be doin it again unless it's a boardie or sum one IVe seen on the offsite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭crisco10

So a Div.3 team PMed me asking for a Monday friendly ? I replied, only if we WNWIM as I have a cup game Wednesday, he agreed n I accepted the request.

Why would you ltnt a friendly*?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

You're in Div IV right ? If I was you I'd be happy that your WNWIM lost within a try of his LTNT. No doubt you can return the favour when you get promoted and he gets demoted!

• Advertisement

Just checked your match there Thejims, the other guy is on the offsite and he's also running for journalist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

disgraceful in a friendly to do that, in a league/cup match more understandable as its a competitive fixture.

friendlies are about testing team, getting youngsters more gametime etc imo. not ltnt'ing (ever!) especially when an agreement is struck.

eoferrall wrote: »
    disgraceful in a friendly to do that, in a league/cup match more understandable as its a competitive fixture.

its the reverse for me. way worse to cheat like that in competitive game cause theres something at stake. who really cares about monday friendlies, like you said there just for IGT or experiment with tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭crisco10

its the reverse for me. way worse to cheat like that in competitive game cause theres something at stake. who really cares about monday friendlies, like you said there just for IGT or experiment with tactics.

Yeah, to be honest I don't care about the score in Monday friendlies. As far as I'm concerned, LTNT away. Just a really weird thing to do on his part. So weird possibly a mistake?

I mean why go to the effort of a WNWIM agreement in a friendly just to renegade on it hours later?

@TheJims, I'd be bloody delighted at that result though, LTNT v WNWIM should be a thumping!!! never mind Div 3 v Div 4..

I'd just be able to understand it more if it was a competitive game, not that I would be happier getting screwed! But in competitive games its a risk you take, in friendlies I would not expect it at all.

but yes as the others have said the result is fantastic for you jim!!:D

• Advertisement

Yeah you guys r right! I was annoyed as it woulda been a confidence booster of a win, but even in loosing it was a great result!

After thinking about it, it would be insane for an 8th place div iii team to LTNT against a div iv team in a friendly! ... he musta just forgetting to change tactics... his tired team will hurt him in the long run :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I don't even check the score of Monday friendlies any more. Don't see the big deal tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

I only do that to my brother. Given the option between beating him and staying in DIII for another season I would happily take the drop.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Friendly for Monday anyone?

As for the ltnting a wnwim agreement, it is very uncool. But it has to have been a mistake, I can't bring my head around it otherwise.

mar-z wrote: »
    Friendly for Monday anyone?

As for the ltnting a wnwim agreement, it is very uncool. But it has to have been a mistake, I can't bring my head around it otherwise.

I'll give ya a twirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Monday friendly anyone?

Fingal Physicians

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Anone want a game v my wnwim seconds? Its going to be a seriously crazy team :p

ajeffares wrote: »
    Anone want a game v my wnwim seconds? Its going to be a seriously crazy team :p

requested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Thursday friendly, anyone?

anyone on for a WNWIM friendly?

• Advertisement

anyone on for a WNWIM friendly?

Just sent a request.

Monday friendly? Curly Sue Death Squad

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Monday friendly? Curly Sue Death Squad

Requested.

Friendly tomorrow anyone? Grubber RFC, will be 2nds wnwim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

mar-z wrote: »
    Friendly tomorrow anyone? Grubber RFC, will be 2nds wnwim.

Requested

corny wrote: »
    Requested.

Damnit Corny!

Still requesting a friendly if anybody is about... sheesh.

Damnit Corny!

requested,

shall be a mix of 2nd string and u20 trainees energy dependent (they need gametime!)

requested,

shall be a mix of 2nd string and u20 trainees energy dependent (they need gametime!)

Ah I'm going 2nd string/ 3rd string on this. I don't really know how I've started to develop a 3rd string team, I think I was planning on youngsters, but then they just grew up. Jerks.

Damnit Corny!

Sorry man. I panicked!:D

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    Sorry man. I panicked!:D

It's ok, I have the joy of getting pounded by Eoferrall

Advertisement