Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance Due

• 25-05-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi, My insurance is due for renewal shortly. Currently I'm with Adelaide up North and the quote they've given me looks good. Still I'm gonna ring around anyway to see whats out there.

Who can provide insurance for me now? Has there been any new players?

Carole Nash
    Aon
    Axa (Will they do direct yet?)
    Anyone else.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slapper

axa will only insure bikes if you have a car with em
    aon are good
    cn is expensive
    adelade is a new enough company seems good enough
    quinn direct are cheap but a pack of **** i would spend a few hundred more than go with them
    thats more or less it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

Im with Aon, but its underwritten by Axa, so why do you have to have car insurance to get bike insurance with them(Axa)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Im with adelaide and I find them excellent. Very cheap for me last yeah and I claimed when my bike got stolen and they sorted out my money very quickly. Definately staying with them this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

slapper wrote: »
    axa will only insure bikes if you have a car with em
    aon are good
    cn is expensive
    adelade is a new enough company seems good enough
    quinn direct are cheap but a pack of **** i would spend a few hundred more than go with them
    thats more or less it

aon - agreed was with them before
    adelaide -with them now - best quote last year
    quinn - heard that alright
    axa - had that issue and tried to get a 6 wheel deal when my car was with them but because i was with Aon they wouldn't do it as they couldnt take business from the people who were giving them business!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slapper

chasm wrote: »
    Im with Aon, but its underwritten by Axa, so why do you have to have car insurance to get bike insurance with them(Axa)?
    just is
    try asking them :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

I think that Axa will only quote you for bike insurance if you've got car insurance with them. Otherwise you're directed towards Aon.

If you're with Aon, and have car insurance (with anyone, not just Axa), you might get a discount on the bike insurance - just ask them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

it all depends on ur age, gender, geographical location and bike.

I got Carol Nash as cheap as chips after i haggled with em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

Lilliput69 wrote: »
    it all depends on ur age, gender, geographical location and bike.

I got Carol Nash as cheap as chips after i haggled with em

Interesting ....

I checked out a few quotes online last night and no-one was near my renewal quote from Adelaide. Aon online quote system is great, very quick and easy to check different bikes without having to re-input pages of personal info. Carol Nash on the other hand make you fill in about 5 pages of info and then tell you they can't quote me. Then got this e-mail from them;

Dear Mr Burgess,

We were unable to provide you with a quote on our website, but don’t worry as we have many more policies available through our call centre! So don’t ride off just yet. Call us now on 1800 818 771 and talk to one of our expert advisors to secure you better protection for fewer euros! We’re open Mon-Fri 9.00am -5.30pm and Saturdays between 9.00am -1.00pm. We’d love to hear from you - and love to help you get the best cover on two wheels!

A********
    Section Head
    Carole Nash Ireland

To which I replied.............

A******

Your loss I’m afraid. Everyone else could quote me online!!! Why make someone fill out 5 odd pages of details and then not quote them. Bizarre and a waste of my time.

Regards
    Georgey

I was probably a bit harsh on them but was having a bad morning and was also trying to get the point across that they need to sort out their online quote system.

Anyway got a call from a blocked number this afternoon which I didn't answer. The message left was from Carol Nash and they want me to call them for a quote. This, by the way, is despite the fact that I ticked the boxes on their online quote NOT to be contacted on my e-mail or mobile. The reason that I didn't get a quote was because my bike didn't have a rating on their system. I did however select it from their drop down menu!!

Might call him back tomorrow and see what they come up with but doubt they'll beat Adelaide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

^
    Yeah, Carole Nash are a strange bunch. I was quoted some huge price by them. But I'd already phoned around the others and told them they were way off the mark. And they dropped their quote by 50% straight away!

Worked out around the same as the quote I got off Adelaide but I went with Adelaide anyway as they were nicer to deal with and I felt like I was being ripped off initially by CN.

There online quote thing is mental alright. Nearly have to tell them the size of yer lad and everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

seanybiker wrote: »
    There online quote thing is mental alright. .
    It came out 3 over times what quinn quoted me :eek: (are quinn any good for bikes ?? I'm with them for my car but after a few quotes from insure.ie and chill.ie i am thinking of changing )

There supposed to be cheap enough lately. Heard their a balls when paying out from a few people but one of me mates had no problems with them when he claimed.
    What bike ya got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Heard their a balls when paying out from a few people
    I heard that too but not from any one that actually tried claiming from them

What bike ya got?
    This is my beast :D
    monster-bike.jpgJust kidding , I don’t have a bike at the moment , although I am looking at getting one , I took one or two trips out to a job interview that meant I had to go on the M50 during which I was sitting there queued up for ages to get on it (not even during traffic) watching all the bikes just cruise threw the traffic and I thought sod this I have been thinking about it for long enough I might as well take the plunge , I still have to get my provisional A (I don’t see a point in starting with A1) so I need to hang on to the car for motorway use, until I get a full A (I’ll probably need to keep a car/small van for hauling stuff around for a side line I have) I was looking at a cbr250 (always had a thing for a Honda cbr ) but it seems people are looking for stupid money for them , quinn are pretty much the same for me if I go for a 250, 400 or 500 cc bike (a bit over 900 or 1000 for fully comp) so I think I’ll be going fro some thing cheap around the 250-400cc mark

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Mine is up for renewal too. Carole Nash always seem to quote me double what everyone else quotes. Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

CN and AON always give me a quote that's double or more than what Quinn is looking for (I was with them last year and I'm up for renewal). AON I got fed up of waiting on hold and CN just told me "oh, I'm afraid we can't match that" and didn't even try when I mentioned Quinn's price...

Quinn is looking for €299 this year, third party only, 31 year old male, 4 year NCB on a Suzuki V-Strom 650cc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

Heard lots rubbishing Quinn no-one backed it up though :rolleyes: Usually comes from lads who have very cheap insurance with others anyway.

I found them fine (had a car with them at the time too) switched to Adelaide last year when I bought the second bike (multibike insurance isn't on Quinn's shopping list). Think there was a fiver between the 2 (multibike is €50 extra to b added to the premium)

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

bladespin wrote: »
    Heard lots rubbishing Quinn no-one backed it up though :rolleyes: Usually comes from lads who have very cheap insurance with others anyway.

I found them fine (had a car with them at the time too) switched to Adelaide last year when I bought the second bike (multibike insurance isn't on Quinn's shopping list). Think there was a fiver between the 2 (multibike is €50 extra to b added to the premium)

Aside from customer service over the phone, unless you have had to make a claim with your insurer and had to deal with them, saying that they are fine doesnt really provide any insight into how good they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,367 ✭✭✭bladespin

faceman wrote: »
    Aside from customer service over the phone, unless you have had to make a claim with your insurer and had to deal with them, saying that they are fine doesnt really provide any insight into how good they are.

I know how Quinn handle claims so as I said, I found them fine, fine from a customer service point as well.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Advertisement