Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulator knocked a chunk out of my wall when quoting

Options
  • 25-05-2009 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

I was getting a few quotes for drylining the house. Now the house is in the middle of a renovation job, so it doesnt look great. One of the insulators was looking around the house. There is a kitchen extention, and the wall that was removed has a kindof a pillar of brick left on each side attached to the wall, and on the top. Ive attached a rough diagram.

One of the insulators was wondering what type of cavity was in the brick, so before I knew what was happening, he took my hammer and knocked a big enough part of the wall out to see what was in there. Its roughly the size of the white patch on the diagram attached.

Im fairly certain its not going to collapse the house or anything but I prefered when the wall didnt have a chunk gone out of it. Have I any comeback? Maybe follow a legal route, get him to reinsert a bit of brick or something? Anyone any experience in this area, I was fairly shocked when it happened like, and Im still a little peeved off about it.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement