Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Creches/Playschools in Swords

Options
  • 25-05-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi not sure whether to put this here or parenting but;

Im paying 90 euro a week for the little one to go to playschool 3 hours a day, 5 days a week.
    Just wondering if there is anybody who is sending their child to a playschool/montessori in the Swords area and can let me know roughly how much they are paying.
    Like many people, Im at my wits end trying to pay bills, mortgage and childcare costs.

Ive tried ringing a few but they all seem to be more expensive, even though when I tell people I know how much Im paying they usually say its too much and I can find cheaper.

Any advice or info much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

My daughter(5) spent 2 yrs in Rosemarys, she does have a name on the playschool but to be honest I havent got a clue what its called. Its always been Rosemarys (the teacher) Its a playschool. Its located across from St.Colmcilles Church in Swords, its an extension on the side of her house. I used to pay 180 a month. I think it might have jumped to 230ish a month but its no where near your 360 a month.
    Its 4 days a wk.No playschool on wednesdays. Morning class 9.30-12.00 afternoon class 12.15- 2.00 afaik
    DD was always in the morning class. My daughter loved Rosemary. She has fond memories of being there.
    She also runs summer camps 10-1ish?
    Hope this help somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lolabugs

Elliee wrote: »
    My daughter(5) spent 2 yrs in Rosemarys, she does have a name on the playschool but to be honest I havent got a clue what its called. Its always been Rosemarys (the teacher) Its a playschool. Its located across from St.Colmcilles Church in Swords, its an extension on the side of her house. I used to pay 180 a month. I think it might have jumped to 230ish a month but its no where near your 360 a month.
    Its 4 days a wk.No playschool on wednesdays. Morning class 9.30-12.00 afternoon class 12.15- 2.00 afaik
    DD was always in the morning class. My daughter loved Rosemary. She has fond memories of being there.
    She also runs summer camps 10-1ish?
    Hope this help somewhat.
    Thanks for the reply, Ive actually heard about this playschool off someone before! Definetly worth a shot giving them a ring.... also the Summer camp sounds good too :D
    Thanks again for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Mods,

Sorry to drag up an old thread but wondered if people could add to this to reflect things in the current climate to coin a phrase ;)

Im sure Mods wouldnt want anything defamatory but good experiences and ball park weekly prices for a child in Malahide/Kinsealy/Swords area would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I heard recently (not sure how true but appears to be well worth checking out) that Fun Galaxy (Airside) have a creche (HSE approved extra) and they are currently charging 75 per week - 4 hours per day and break/lunch provided.

deelite wrote: »
    I heard recently (not sure how true but appears to be well worth checking out) that Fun Galaxy (Airside) have a creche (HSE approved extra) and they are currently charging 75 per week - 4 hours per day and break/lunch provided.

Cheers looking for something for the full working day though......

Also interested to hear about the "small print", eg charging a late collection fee and that sort of stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Only experience is of Kids inc, at the hertz roundabout behind the CC carpark.

Great staff....

For a baby its €997 going down to about €950 after the baby moves to toddler room.
    No other fee's I know of, opening hours from 8am - 6pm monday to friday.

If you work for the C council its much lower (about €750).

I would recommend it, my little one loves it.

Only experience is of Kids inc, at the hertz roundabout behind the CC carpark.

Great staff....

For a baby its €997 going down to about €950 after the baby moves to toddler room.
    No other fee's I know of, opening hours from 8am - 6pm monday to friday.

If you work for the C council its much lower (about €750).

I would recommend it, my little one loves it.

€950 a month, thats like having a second mortgage :eek:;)

Thanks for the info!

Sizzler wrote: »
    €950 a month, thats like having a second mortgage :eek:;)

Thanks for the info!

It sure is, but all the creches in Swords are in and around that price from what I remember of the time we were looking for a place.

brutal,

I know a guy who has had his then under 1 child in a place near Kinsealy and was paying 850, told them he couldnt afford it and they dropped it to 700 !

Will be trying them ;)

I know a guy who has had his then under 1 child in a place near Kinsealy and was paying 850, told them he couldnt afford it and they dropped it to 700 !

Will be trying them ;)

Might try them myself, thats a decent price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Will be trying them ;)

which creche was that? seems like a steal for a creche price

neris wrote: »
    which creche was that? seems like a steal for a creche price

Links childcare.

Get your negotiating hat on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭MMAGirl

Was about to start another thread, but noticed this one.

Has anybody got any up to date prices for creches on Swords?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Looking myself at the mo, looks like it ranges from 50-60 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

€245 per week @ Links if they are under 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭MMAGirl

peteb2 wrote: »
    €245 per week @ Links if they are under 1.

Thanks. Have a friend with a 2 year old at links. She told me last night that she is now paying €200 per week after bargaining them down. She got a cheaper quote from another crèche after bargaining too and then played them of against each other.
    I'll put my bargaining hat on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Afaik once they're over 1 there should be a reduction anyway. I think the creche in applewood is 980 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

MMAGirl wrote: »
    Thanks. Have a friend with a 2 year old at links. She told me last night that she is now paying €200 per week after bargaining them down. She got a cheaper quote from another crèche after bargaining too and then played them of against each other.
    I'll put my bargaining hat on.

Its 208 a week after they are one. So not too much of a bargain!:P

Advertisement