Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Message too short"

Options
  • 26-05-2009 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

I keep getting an error saying "Message too short" and that I need to add more than 1 character, despite the fact that more often than not my posts tend to contain multiple paragraphs nevermind individual characters. It's especially annoying because I'll have inevitably just posted something lengthy when it occurs, and then it keeps occuring.

Any idea why on earth this keeps happening, because it's driving me nuts.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Can you PM a screenshot?

It's not something I've heard of before.

Cheers,
    hullaballoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Can you PM a screenshot?

It's not something I've heard of before.

Cheers,
    hullaballoo.

Yeah, I will next time it happens.

Screenshot included. The text area is blank because it bloody deletes whatever paragraphs I have written when it gives me this message-- which is why it's so damn frustrating.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

liah wrote: »
    Screenshot included. The text area is blank because it bloody deletes whatever paragraphs I have written when it gives me this message-- which is why it's so damn frustrating.
    The only thing I can think of is that you might be including your reply within tags like
    or whatever which would make the software think you haven't entered anything in reply at all.

I suggest that you hit Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C before you post, that way you won't lose it.

It would also be helpful if you could copy what you intended to post here to see if there's anything obvious to it.

The only thing I can think of is that you might be including your reply within tags like or whatever which would make the software think you haven't entered anything in reply at all.

I suggest that you hit Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C before you post, that way you won't lose it.

It would also be helpful if you could copy what you intended to post here to see if there's anything obvious to it.

The problem with that is it does it regardless of whether or not there's quote tags involved. It just does it completely randomly, even if I'm starting a brand new quoteless topic.

And I would copy/paste, but I never know when it's going to happen and I usually have other things on paste that I don't want to lose.

Only thing I've noticed is that if it happens once it tends to go into a loop and gets stuck on the message too short business, and that if I select a post icon it miraculously works even if I haven't changed a damn thing in the text area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

That's just odd. Are you using some obscure web browser or something?

Browsing from a work network or at home? (I'm trying to eliminate the possibility of anything being server cached rather than just being nosey)

Any adblockers installed? On broadband rather than dialup?

Home, Firefox with adblock plus, wireless broadband. No antivirus software or firewall. XP. All pretty standard.

Advertisement