Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

very interesting ability

• 26-05-2009 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

i came across this today and find it to be baffling. Very hard to dismiss as fake.

If someone can please explain in a scientific manner what is going on i would really appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAAB0dbc3Es

Especially the fire part.

thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Very interesting alright.

I'm not trying to be flippant, but if those scientists couldn't figure it out, how are we supposed to be able to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Professor_Fink

It looks almost entirely faked. The shocks look like static electricity. The fire starts after the paper has been out of shot for quite a white, and the ignition is clearly not paper lighting, since the intense burning and sputtering isn't what burning paper looks like. The rifle was fired at a can out of shot, which could easily have already had a hole in it, and when he catches the bullit his hand cups in a way that could easily be concealing a pre-used bullit. And I have my doubts about those "scientists". "New York's Albert Einstein University"? Really?

Get Randi on the case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Professor_Fink

LD 50 wrote: »
    Very interesting alright.

I'm not trying to be flippant, but if those scientists couldn't figure it out, how are we supposed to be able to.

By using your brain. The whole program was ridiculous, and I have no faith in the supposed scientists they marched out. It was like watching a Steorn video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

He's like the Chinese David Blaine. Or taiwanese. Or Whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

if its fake why would some one bother making a documentary like that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

bogwalrus wrote: »
    if its fake why would some one bother making a documentary like that?
    Look at the top-left of the video and you'll notice that it was being broadcast by Sky. Sky would show anything on TV that would interest the dunces amongst us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

true. didnt notice the sky logo. so its purpose is just purely for entertainment. I can accept that. would be cool if it was true. go around zapping people, great laff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

its called "chi" and it's very real. Science is only starting to accept it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

News to me. Could you point me towards somewhere where its scientifically validated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

lol... ...that's arguably the most general statement I have ever heard in my life. It's the same as me claiming that I'm just about to develop wings which will allow me to fly. Obviously, I amen't, but you see what I'm hinting at.

[Hey Podge... ...fancy meeting you here!]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

The logo and the use of the word energy with alternative medicine clearly demonstrates this thread is in the wrong section, and needs to be moved to Pseudo-scientific bullsh!t.

The guy is just a magician, else he'd have won Randi's million dollar challenge and also picked up a noble prize.

Seems like more people need to read books like Carl Sagan's Demon haunted world or Ben Goldacre's Bad Science or watch Penn and Teller's Bullsh!t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Looks very interesting, but I can't say if it is real or fake.

Advertisement