Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could someone help me???

Options
  • 26-05-2009 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I have a website that i got made, the only problem is that the company i bought it from said that it take 6 weeks for google to recongise the site.
    if i type the whole name into google the site appears, but i want to find my site under keywords, eg its a farming site so i'd like to find it under farming keywords rather that the site name.

Is there a way i can make google find my site under keywords rather that putting in the name to the search engine

I dont really want to go to the company i bought it from as i have had lots of trouble with them

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

have you a link to the site...

Edit:

it's called seo, loads of tips all over the web, the design company might have some of it already done, it can take some time for it to show up, google has to like your site and find it relevant...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gustavine

you need to get your site optimized by search engine optimization. it alows you to appear 'first' on google. it also allows keywords to be recognised. google seo or wikipedia it!
    all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

You need to add the keywords as meta tags on your web pages , also good content and plenty of traffic will do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Sposs wrote: »
    You need to add the keywords as meta tags on your web pages , also good content and plenty of traffic will do the trick.

Keywords are barely relevant now. Check out "semantic markup" (if you've given the web company decent content, they may / should have already done a lot of this).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Just use an Adwords campaign. You'll be up and running within a few hours. Only thing though is the cost...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tpotter

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Just use an Adwords campaign. You'll be up and running within a few hours. Only thing though is the cost...

I would not advise just jumping in and using an Adwords campaign, because it is easy to blow through a lot of money this way. It is easy to drive traffic with Adwords, but driving the right traffic requires some skill and understanding how it works.

Adwords can be a powerful tool, but I have seen people waste thousands of dollars in a month on traffic that doesn't benefit them at all.

Before you use Adwords, take some time, read about it, and then start small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Show us the site so we can offer some advise-impossible otherwise to see if the site has seo work done or not. Any new site can take time to become visible on Google-not as long as previously but some time. Its easy to say I want to appear for farming keywords (we all want our sites to rank well) but IF the site is not properly "tagged" etc.. then it'll never appear. Best to let us see the site so we can offer more constructive opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

6 weeks? That's impossible to predict. Could take longer, could take 6 days.

Build backlinks and start by adding one to this thread :p

Keywords are important. So is content. So is the url/permalink structure of the site. Does it have a sitemap? Is it set up to target the irish market in google webmaster tools?

SEO isn't just a case of switching something on and off to rank no.1 for your chosen keywords. It will take time, patience and hard work (if the keywords have lot of competition).

Advertisement