Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car spray service in Ballincollig

Options
  • 26-05-2009 7:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hello everyone,

Can anyone know a car spray service in Ballincollig ?

I have to fix a few dents and scratches to my new (used) car and I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for it !!! ;);)

Many thanks

Stay alive !
    Pio Pio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Never used them myself but have heard good things about Body Image. Link Road Business Park. Turn left immediatly after entering the gate and they're around the side.

They're also meant to do a great job with alloy wheels. Keep meaning to bring mine there. Anybody got a spare set of 5-stud steels?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If you can wait a few weeks, I'll be able to do this for you at a fraction of what a body shop will charge for it. Alloys too!

Tell us more?

My car's up for sale and could do with some scratch/dent removal too....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Never used them myself but have heard good things about Body Image. Link Road Business Park. Turn left immediatly after entering the gate and they're around the side.

They're also meant to do a great job with alloy wheels. Keep meaning to bring mine there. Anybody got a spare set of 5-stud steels?

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 piopio

ned78 wrote: »
    If you can wait a few weeks, I'll be able to do this for you at a fraction of what a body shop will charge for it. Alloys too!

Can you tell me more Ned ?

• Advertisement

Tell us more?
    piopio wrote: »
    Can you tell me more Ned ?

I'm setting up a business based on an existing, sucessful franchise, Cork based, but mobile, which will be able to do on the spot paint repairs in about an hour on any vehicle, and because you're only repairing the damaged part of the bumper for example and not the whole bumper, you only pay those prices.

Should be up and running inside 6 weeks or so.

Sounds good but I don't think it's what I'm after. My front-lip spoiler is stone-chip city.....

Provided it's not a carbon fibre finish, it should be possible to do that too BK. It's not just bumpers that can be done, but most plastics (Excluding CF and Chrome) too, headlight lenses can be restored too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Should be up and running inside 6 weeks or so.

interesting. I've a vehicle at home could use some post 'L' plates touch ups.

it should be possible to do that too BK.

It's made of glass fibre and there's actual chips out of the paint - we're definitely talking proper respray. There's a dent on the bonnet that you might have helped with, but if it goes to get the lip spoiler done I'll get that done too.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the enthusiam guys, when it's up and running I'll be changing my login name here, and my sig, so I'll come back and post the details on it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 piopio

Provided it's not a carbon fibre finish, it should be possible to do that too BK. It's not just bumpers that can be done, but most plastics (Excluding CF and Chrome) too, headlight lenses can be restored too.

What about the part made of metal (bonnet, sides etc) ? Can you repair these parts too

Stay alive !
    Pio Pio

It depends on the severity of the damage, while it's possible to respray an entire bonnet or car with the fast drying system I use, for large scale work such as that, you're best using a body shop. Work that's possible to complete with my system I'll do, and where it's not possible to do it, I put my hand right up and say it - it's better to be open and honest about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I have a spare set of wheels for you to have a go at. Bought as spares but plan to resto all 8, plus another 2 on the other car.
    I am a harsh critic, do you think you'd be up to it?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

deRanged wrote: »
    interesting. I've a vehicle at home could use some post 'L' plates touch ups.

as of today I've another car that could use some post carpark pillar touchups!
    no rush with getting started there ned78 :)

You're all mad. Buy parking sensors - the lot of ye :)

Going 4x4 shopping this weekend, then ordering up all the equipment and paints. Will definitely let you know when I'm up and running guys, and will be doing boardsie specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Hey Ned, any up date? Are you allowed give your contact details here or will you have to go onto adverts?

Update is all the equipment is ordered, and will take about 3-4 weeks to come to me. I'm off buying a vehicle this evening to house it all.

I'll have to go through Adverts when it's up and running, but I'll come back here to post a link, and it will also be mentioned in my sig. Thanks for the positive interest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tara Galil

Hi, I have recently brought a car and the bumper has a few patches which need touchin up with paint..how much does it cost aprx? and how much would it cost to spray paint a opel corsa a knew colour thanks.

Tara Galil wrote: »
    Hi, I have recently brought a car and the bumper has a few patches which need touchin up with paint..how much does it cost aprx? and how much would it cost to spray paint a opel corsa a knew colour thanks.

Hi Tara, without shilling (Offering my specific services here), generally a body shop would charge around 400 for a bumper to be painted. The type of painting I will be doing, and others also do would be less obviously, but I'm not up and running for about 5 more weeks - equipment delays unfortunately.

Respraying a car, you'll definitely need to speak to a body shop about that, it's a horrendous job. You wouldn't have much change out of 2500 Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Congratulations on your new business venture. Please pm your details when you're up and running as I have a few touchups to do on my car and I would like to support a new business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭PokerLover

Hi are you up and running? Need a front bumper and wing sprayed

My bumper needs a bit of attention too!

Aren't you two eager beavers. Well, I'm not going to self promote here because it's against boards.ie rules, but feel free to PM me, I'm up and running from Monday on.

I just located your website and will be in touch shortly. Thanks!

Well, if you can, PM me through here as the website just sends enquiries to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Well, if you can, PM me through here as the website just sends enquiries to everyone :)
    I PMed you a few days ago but didn't get a reply.

Is your business up and running yet?

Sorry Podge, I've been up to my tonsils - we had guests staying with us for the last week from Poland, I hardly got to go online, and now that I am, there's roughly about 20 PMs from people interested in getting work done in my inbox.

I'm taking tomorrow off to go through all my PM's and eMails. Sincere apologies for the delay - but I'll definitely get back to you and everyone else tomorrow now that my house is a bit calmer again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bellies

Most Body shops are reducing their prices these days from what I can see!
    I had a bit of damage repaired to my car last week and the cheapest I found was a place up by Musgraves, Red Abbey Motors.
    Seemed a bit pricey but after looking around they were €100 cheaper that a few others in the game.

• Advertisement

Bellies wrote: »
    Most Body shops are reducing their prices these days from what I can see!

The problem with a bodyshop is that they charge approx 4 times what SMART repair companies such as myself charge, and you have to be without your car for anything from 48 hours to 72. SMART repair companies are usually gone in about 2 hours, from your workplace, or from your home - so no disruption to you.

Anyway, enough OT stuff, I'm in the process of PMing everyone back. Sorry if I'm self-promoting Mods, just updating people.

Advertisement