Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Working Holiday Visa in Oz

Options
  • 26-05-2009 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys I need some knowledge regarding a second working holiday visa!!

Im currently in rural Australia and I am doing a few days construction work a week.I get free accomadation and board and small bit of cash on the side.Ive a second job in a supermarket in which I work at only at the weekends.My construction employer wants to know should they produce tax receipts, payslips etc.Im not sure what suffices as credible documentation of my employment for the second holiday visa

Are immigration strict on following up second holiday visas?? as I dont want to get my employer in trouble!!

Any help would be much appreciated :D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Not sure they check your paper receipts if they randomly pick you for additional scrutiny, prob goes on when you paid taxes. 88 days of country work I think.

May I just say the ban on, ahem, discussing embellishing certain facts re visas on this site is a pain in the hole tbh. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

Are immigration strict on following up second holiday visas??

No...just do it online and all you need if the companies abn number...if they follow up then you produce payslips etc but I have never heard of anyone needing them, simply applying seems to suffice (Whether you did the work or not)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

FreeAnd.. wrote: »
    No...just do it online and all you need if the companies abn number...if they follow up then you produce payslips etc but I have never heard of anyone needing them, simply applying seems to suffice (Whether you did the work or not)

a few people have been checked and refused that I have heard of

Dont you get barred from re entry for 3 years if you chance a lie?

Ive heard that they check one in eight, god knows how true that is. I do know that when I was coming on my first year visa it took a good week to come through, so presumably they randomly check a few people before leaving criminal records etc etc.

Im surprised they check any tbh. Fcuking hell Ive never seen a more disorganised scatter brained bunch than the Aussies in workplaces, you cannot rely on them to do something on your behalf that they are meant to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ozzie2009

Thanks for the info guys.I done a bit more research and found out there is a dob line - a phone line where people can make anonymous tip offs regarding someones illegal visa for immigration just in case somebody is a bit loose on there visa status!!

Anyway I will play it by year as they say back home!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

shane86 wrote: »

Im surprised they check any tbh. Fcuking hell Ive never seen a more disorganised scatter brained bunch than the Aussies in workplaces, you cannot rely on them to do something on your behalf that they are meant to do.

An Irishman says this? Thats a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Ozzie2009 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys.I done a bit more research and found out there is a dob line - a phone line where people can make anonymous tip offs regarding someones illegal visa for immigration just in case somebody is a bit loose on there visa status!!

Anyway I will play it by year as they say back home!!

I would apply , just dont lie on the application or ask your employer to if you dont get it you have lost nothing really.

As for the ban I support it, that sort of conversation should be left to the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

We prohibit discussion of unscrupulous methods of cheating the application process because most of the information you get will be hearsay, and what isn't could get you into trouble, and we're not interested in you trying to sue us for misinformation.

That, and the rest of us suckers have had to go through the crap application processes, the 20 page forms, the 10 year blow by blow history of every country we've been through and every job we've worked, the medical checks, the hundreds or thousands in application fees, and the burden of proof regarding our qualifications/work experience/relationships/living situations, so the rest of you can suck it up and climb on board too.

Jumpy wrote: »
    An Irishman says this? Thats a laugh.

They make us look more organised than zee Germinz. Honestly, since I came over Ive had

My TFN lost by one employer
    Another employer fail to mail me some end of employment cert or whatnot
    Another employer who would bring us into a room, say he would be back in a minute, and leave 12 of us on our tod in a sweltering hot room for a half hour before returning with no explanation (needless to say I quit that commission sh1t after 3 days)
    Never received my white card in the post, all I have is the cert
    Currently 5 weeks in my current job with no security pass issued which is a pain in the hole

Thats only the stuff I remember. If an Aussie is meant to do something work related on your behalf you cannot trust them to do it, end of.

And thats not even beginning to mention signposts in train stations leading to non existant toilets and streets.

Advertisement