Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else on Alli?

• 26-05-2009 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Just started Alli on Saturday evening - currently on WW so on low fat diet. Having no side effects thank god....(I did try slendertone excellerate but had awful side effects)

Wondering how people have found it / how much weight loss etc.
    I am 5' 4" and weighed 12.9 last thurs - will know proper weight loss this Thurs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Hi Lmb

My workmate started it last week. Dont know her results yet but she isnt having any problems with it. She was very nervous about taking it but all good. She says there is a funny after taste though from the pills and is totaly paranoid about the smell of her breath now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fishey babe

hi im about to start on alli but not sure what to eat ,i know its low fat but can anyone give me a sample menu of what i should eat daily im not too sure about the amount of fat grams in foods thanks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

did they not give you a run down and sample menu in the chemist? I asked about it in the chemist beside me and I was told that they have to check your BMI to see if it is above 28 and give you a detailed run down before they sold it to you, she gave me a little booklet with at least one menu in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

lmb wrote: »
    Having no side effects thank god
    You do know what expected side effects are? It is a similar drug to Xenical

EileenG wrote: »
    Basically, they work by stopping your body absorbing all the fat in a meal. The excess is excrete in your poo. It may also result in "Anal Slippage". Hence warnings to carry spare underwear and dark trousers.
    I tried those tablets about 2 years ago and ate really well but while i was at work my collegue pointed out that i must have sat on something.... to my horror i found an orange stain on the back of my trousers!!! i was mortified!!!

hi stoner thanks for getting back to me i got a booklet with the alli but it doesnt have any menus in it i got the tablets from my usual chemists and the poor guy knows by looking at me that my BMI is nasty!! i researched the drug and side effects my self and thats why id love to have lots of info before having any accidents!! thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I know nothing about this, but it seems you have a point, there is not a lot going on with respect to menus, i took this from their site, they have their own user forum .

It seems you can get help with their Myalliplan,
    http://www.myalli.com/whatstheplan/APmyalliplan.aspx

<<<notes from the site mention that they will provide you with "healthy and delicious recipes" once you sign up to the plan>>>>>

Below is from their site

Take a tour of myalliplan

Here's where to start. When you purchase alli, you can activate your free membership with myalliplan online to receive a wealth of special resources and tools, including:

alli 1-2-3 Start Plan, a 10-day program with simple and focused lessons to prepare you for alli and guide you through your first week of myalliplan
    your myalliplan personal page, where you can view your goals and progress, your latest steps, your meal plan, and more
    interactive weight loss tools and calculators that can help you assess where you are and set goals
    an online journal, so you can write about your eating and exercise habits
    guidance from nutrition and weight management experts — people who understand the struggle to lose weight
    healthy and delicious recipes, smart meal plans, shopping lists, a dining out guide — the tools you need to help you succeed
    Following a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet is a great way to start your plan to lose weight, but the real power of the alli program is the combination of the pill, the plan, and your commitment to eating right and getting more physically active.

Already have alli? sign up for the alli 1-2-3 Start Plan now

thanks a mill !! stoner am on it as we speak will let ye know if it was worth all the hassle thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lmb

Well today is day 5 of these things...and yesterday was day 4 & i got major nasty effect like what they talk about but it was only one incidence....I had eaten a waffle, fish cake & steamed veg so not sure if this triggered it or an earlier consumption! I have read on another board that a girl on day 5 of the tablets had the above but is fine thereafter. It was very nasty the effect - won't go into the detail but it was literally just one bowel movement affected!

I am taking alongside WW diet so most things are very low in fat or almost free from fat. My weigh in is tonight so will post tomorrow. For the last 2 weeks I have lost 1.5lb so if it does what it says on the tin my weight loss should be approx. 2.25lb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

how are ye all doing on the pills? any weight loss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lmb

i slipped off them and this week lost 3.5lbs - only took 3 tablets this week after dinner. Week I took full supply and had drastic effects only lost 1.5lbs. My friend on them and took constant for the week and stayed same weight - on WW so eating very healthy also. Have a feeling they do not work with everyone

• Advertisement

hi guys i have been on the alli now for about 10 days and also following WW diet
    i have lost 5lbs but again dont know weather its the healthy diet or the pills !! i havent had any of the side affects thank god apart from wind !! for me i think the fear or eating too much fat is where alli is probably working for me will keep going for another while and see what happens talk to ye soon !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lindseygarde

Hi all

Thought id register here coz am interested in Alli and want more info? mostly can anyone tell me where i can get it in Cork and How Much?

I am on medi-lite at the moment and thats working for me, so thought id speed it up a small bit by trying this, am gettin a great buzz from loosing weight but am afraid that will stop and ill revert back to my own ways..

So id love to know more about it. ive tried Xenical, which i think is the same..

So id love to know the price if anyone can help and where to get it..

Lindsey

From the charter rules
    Bear in mind we are not professional nutritionists and we are not doctors, so don't look for medical advice. Please seek advice from your Dr. or a Nutritionist before embarking on any major overhaul of your eating habits.
    Afraid I am going to have to lock this thread. Please consult your GP if thinking of undertaking any drugs- rubadub

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement