Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the good old fashioned table quiz

• 26-05-2009 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

ok...call me sad...but i fecking love these things. I used to go to the one in the showboat but stopped going after i got 60/60 one week and still came 3rd (lost in a tie breaker but the quiz was generally a bit boring)

Flash used to have cool original ones but he doesn't seem to do them every week anymore. Is there interest not there in the town anymore? i'd like to start going to a weekly one again...anyone know of any place doing them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 M.RaftisKennedy

ok...call me sad...but i fecking love these things. I used to go to the one in the showboat but stopped going after i got 60/60 one week and still came 3rd (lost in a tie breaker but the quiz was generally a bit boring)

Flash used to have cool original ones but he doesn't seem to do them every week anymore. Is there interest not there in the town anymore? i'd like to start going to a weekly one again...anyone know of any place doing them?

I'm having one this Friday in the Mansion House @ 9pm , it's a fundraiser for my election campaign (GP), so you can come along if you wish. I went to my first table quiz last month, it was fun,I can see why people find them addictive!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Cool, thanks for that...I was really hoping for a monday - thursday type of one though. Good luck with your one all the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

I agree, table quizzes are good fun.

I had one in March, advertised it here but it got put in the "Waterford City Event Guide" sticky thing which I don't think many people read cause it's like pushed aside from main forum reading area, so it doesn't really help advertise. I know its neat to have a sticky thing for events but I dont think the traffic is busy enough for it.

I'd rather see a quiz been advertised here on a thread topic than some crap about macgyver been seen in a army shop!!!

Table quiz season as it was explained to me a while ago is normally popular between Oct and march when the evenings are dark and people cant do things outside. Now that the evenings are bright and there is a long stretch it may be harder to get the numbers to turn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Heard that the new owners of Kitty Kiernans on Barrack street were going to be doing one on a weekly basis - Thursday nights I think!

The Cove Bar out the Dunmore Rd advertise a Table Quiz night every monday night on a sign outside their establishment.
    No idea if it is any good or not. I like quizes but I cant do a Monday, busy with other commitments. Thursdays is my preferred night for table quizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Apparently Focus Ireland are doing one in The Showboat Thursday night this week.

20 quid a table I think.

Was in masons last night and they advertised doing one every thursday so will try that one out. ANyone fancy a boards team!?!! (bit short notice tonight)

Went to this last week but there were only 6 teams. Guess these things take time. Any chance of a Boards Team for this thursday?

Went to this last week but there were only 6 teams. Guess these things take time.
    Like I said in a previous post, summer is not table quiz season.
    I'd nearly put 50 euros on it that it won't take off till Oct.

The long evenings of daylight doesnt entice people to want to hang out in a pub. Instead people would rather go out and enjoy the evenings.

haha that would be a good point if we had great evenings all summer. It's a good point though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Well the Focus Ireland one the that I went to had 25 teams of 4, so they did alright.

I think there are still people interested but they're just not that well-publicised.

I can't do Thursday night myself - working. Possibly in future weeks though if it keeps up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Went to this last week but there were only 6 teams. Guess these things take time. Any chance of a Boards Team for this thursday?

Is it a sports quiz or general knowledge , do they have someone from outside doing it or is their own entertainments guy?

think it's their own guy

Advertisement