Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge Play school advice

Options
  • 26-05-2009 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have moved to Celbridge recently, and my kid is 4 yr’s can any one advise me what the play schools are like in celbridge ..prefer old town mill area?
    Appreciate if you can provide address and contact numbers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Are you looking for a creche or just somewhere to have a play in the evenings/weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kc2009

basically i am looking for a place where he can play and learn some pre school stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

There's a Gymboree on the other side of the bridge in St Wolstans Abbey. They do general play as well as 'courses' in art & crafts, music etc. I think the website is http://www.playandmusic.ie
    There's a creche on the Maynooth road heading back down into the village from your direction - they apparently do something similar (cant think of their name right now). I think the rest are just standard creches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Well my son has been going to the Kidzstuff Creche above Gala(across from Aghards School) for over 2 years now. He started there about 4 months before he started school.

They have a really good setup with all the babies/toddlers kept in one half of the building and the preschool age children in another where they run the playschool/afterschool service. They rate children's learning very high and are always doing different things with them from music/art/puzzles/jigsaws etc.

The afterschool service which my son is in now makes things very easy on us. They drop the child to and from school. When they collect them from school the first thing the children do is get out of their uniform. Then they have a little snack before they start doing different activities like I stated above. The children then all tidy up their stuff about 5 and head to main room where all the babies/toddlers/preschool/afterschool children all play until they are collected by their parents.

The staff are very friendly and the owner Paula is too. She met us late one evening before our son started there to show us around and how they do things so I'm sure she'd have no problem in doing the same for you. It is a very professionally run place where nothing is taken for granted and I would highly recommend them to anyone. I attached a link from the National Childrens Nurseries Association with Paula's contact details

http://www.ncna.net/index.php?option=com_sobi&task=details&catid=38&id=161&Itemid=31

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭EmerBaggott

Hi, As someone who's considering relocated to cellbridge, Oldtown Mill. Is it a nice location, is there good transport into Dublin? Id really appreciate your advice, im thinking of buying there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Nice quiet estate and always very tidy, there's a regular 67/67a on the Maynooth Road less than ten minutes walk from the estate entrance and there are express buses that run by the estate entrance to Dublin city centre and Maynooth (67X), you can check www.dublinbus.ie for the timetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pauloflynn

Can anyone recommend a good babysitter. we have a 12 month old and find it really hard to get any time out without hime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ajesh kumar

Cottage play school is gud, I suppose.

Advertisement