Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing problem and fence issue : )

Options
  • 26-05-2009 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi there,

wonder has anyone had same problem and if so how did they fix it, preferably DIY :)

The downstairs loo is blocked and can't seem to get it fixed. It has been like this for about two months now. When it is flushed it fills up and takes about two hours to drain.

would be grateful for any suggestions.

also, has anyone varnished/stained their fence out the back garden. If so what varnish/stain did you use? and can you come over and do mine :D (only joking) was just wondering how long did it take and do i need to get a spray paint thing or is it doable by a brush!.

thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Crescent wrote: »
    Hi there,

wonder has anyone had same problem and if so how did they fix it, preferably DIY :)

The downstairs loo is blocked and can't seem to get it fixed. It has been like this for about two months now. When it is flushed it fills up and takes about two hours to drain.

you can buy drain cleaning rods in most of the big DIY stores - theres probably a blockage quite close to the U-bend if its filling up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Hi there,

We had the same problem and just used Cillit Bang drain unblocker - worked fine no problem since.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Crescent

thanks for the suggestions, will give them a go!! here's hoping ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Re the fence and decking, I used the Ronseal spray thing a few years ago, and it was grand. Did all the panels in about 2 hours.

They also have a special tool for applying stuff on the ridged decking, I haven't used it myself, but it looks good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Ice Man

I painted the fence by hand a couple of years ago. I got bored near the end and bought a spray gun to finish it off, though it was relatively short lived when nearly everything in our garden, plus the two either side were covered!! Just make sure that there is no wind at all and that you cover everything in your garden and tell the neighbours in case they have clothes on the line! I found the spray gun also left a lot of drips on the fence and they are now the areas that need re-painting.

If you have the patience I would go with the brush, does a better job and the neighbours will still be speaking to you afterwards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DonalOD

Hi there,

also, has anyone varnished/stained their fence out the back garden. If so what varnish/stain did you use? and can you come over and do mine :D (only joking) was just wondering how long did it take and do i need to get a spray paint thing or is it doable by a brush!.

thank you.

I used Roseal Fence Life Harvest Gold. €18 for 9 ltr. enough to do the fence, shed and the cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JAYG

Same here, used the ronseal spray thing and painted everything in the garden including myself :)
    Had to go over witha brush after spraying to get rid of excess paint and runs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pepinot

Hi Crescent

Just wondering if you managed to unblock your toilet as we are having the exact same problem have tried the rods but to no avail!!!

Advertisement