Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandwidth usage

Options
  • 26-05-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi blacknight,

Just wondering what BN stance is on going over the monthly bandwidth cap. I am looking at some of your hosting packages, both shared and dedicated. Although the other specification of each service are great and out do my specific needs the bandwidth falls short of what I foresee the sites monthly traffic to be, maybe not initially but in the future.

Also if I was to go with BN, what resources / help would I have in moving my content from shared hosting to a dedicated server

Regards
    Rattle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Just wondering what BN stance is on going over the monthly bandwidth cap.

What do you mean?
    I am looking at some of your hosting packages, both shared and dedicated. Although the other specification of each service are great and out do my specific needs the bandwidth falls short of what I foresee the sites monthly traffic to be, maybe not initially but in the future.

If you are going to be doing high volumes of traffic you'll probably hit other limits in terms of usage on our shared platform so dedicated or vps might be a better option
    Also if I was to go with BN, what resources / help would I have in moving my content from shared hosting to a dedicated server

That depends on how complex your setup is and what kind of options you choose with the dedicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

blacknight wrote: »
    What do you mean?

Do you cut customer off or can the customer pay on a per GB \ MB basis if they go over the 300GB traffic limit (300GB using the Max as an eg)
    If you are going to be doing high volumes of traffic you'll probably hit other limits in terms of usage on our shared platform so dedicated or vps might be a better option

I don't think I will be hitting many of the other caps in terms of usage and monthly traffic through the site, but I had already been looking at the dedicated server option. Only issue I have if things don't go well.
    That depends on how complex your setup is and what kind of options you choose with the dedicated.

That's a fair response, again depending on result / success or failure of site.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Do you cut customer off or can the customer pay on a per GB \ MB basis if they go over the 300GB traffic limit (300GB using the Max as an eg)
    You'd pay for the overage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Thanks for the replies blacknight,

I have sent a 2nd sales enquiry directly to your sales team, but thank you very much for all your help.

Advertisement